• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting the Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cubed

What tool do you use to mount the motherboard, what I'm saying is what tool do you use with the copper screws/things (i dont know what they're called), but do you need a special tool? or can you just use your hands to mount the motherboard?

I used a screwdriver. You put the standoffs into the case (gentrally brass things, this can be done by hand), then the motherboard on top of those. After that, screw the motherboard to the standoffs through the homes (this is where the screwdriver comes in).

I see, so does every motherboard come with different spacer setups? To where you put your spacers on the mounting holes?
By the way, this is where im getting my makeing a computer tutorial from, maybe giving a look over by yourselfs, will make you think from where im coming from, because this is the only thing im looking at. url; http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/howtobuildapc/

Yes, otherwise your board will sit flush with the bottom of the case, grounding out many solder points that should not be shorted to ground. All motherboards of same form factor (most you'll run accross are ATX or mATX, which work in the same cases) will have the same layout for the mounting holes.

Back