• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me trouble shoot this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i don't know exactly where to put this considering the multitude of possibilities.

system is an NF7-s R2, 2x256 of PC3500 OCZ EL antec TP 550. board has BIOS 1.4

i went to pop a new CPU i got today into the board. got it into windows @ 10*200 at 1.5V. ok so i reboot to push it farther, CPU is an XP1800 JIUHB DLT3C so it should be able to go a good bit farther.

reboot change the clock in the BIOS and let it post. gets into windows. i go to type in my PW and as soon as i do it crashes and the board gives me the ambulance siren. so i pull the power, plug it back in and reboot. go into BIOS to take the clock back down and as i'm in the BIOS it crashes and reboots again. :eek:

i pulled the CMOS battery, put it back in and try to boot into windows at default settings. does the same thing.

at this point i'm thinking the BIOS is dead considering it crashed out of the BIOS screen. i'm currently working on flashing the BIOS.

any help or suggestions would be great.

It sounds like in your quest for speed you have frazzled something, possibly memory or even somthing on the motherboard. I would suggest If possible to test each individual component in another computer if you don't have one try and get a freind to help out. But i doubt it's the Bios thats dead if you where in the bios when it crashed again as a dead bios wouldn't even allow you to post so I'm guessing you have either killed the memory or the motherboard it's self.

memory could make sense. my neighbor had these sticks in his machine when his PSU fried about everything in his machine. i was surprised these still worked but they've been champs up until now. would faulty memory really cause the machine to crash out of the BIOS screen?

faulty memory could crash at any given time, just like faulty anything. my hdd as it died would sometime crash after 3 days of use, sometimes after post its really up in the air as it has no set time for failure. i would say try new ram.

Back