• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 53.03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've already seen reported benchmark score increases for 53.03 over the 52s so it must be good.

I got them off PNY and posted my results in this thread .
I got a 440 point increase in 3D01 and a 530 point increase in 3D03! I've ran COD and MaxPayne2 with no adverse effects. As in all beta drivers, use at your own risk. I'll keep posting updates as I put them through their paces. It does state in the read me file that they're optimised for cards up to the FX5800ultra. Could be the reason for the discrepancy. Another thing I've noted lately is that my driver updates don't seem to work well until I've rebooted a second time after installation. Don't ask me why. I ran a 11k 3d01 score when I first installed, and later after a reboot hit a 16,893. This is the second or third time I've noticed behavior this after a driver update.

Just want to put an update. I uninstall the the nivida driver first, then use Nasty File Remover to completely remove the remaining files.

After rebooting the computer, I install the 53.05 downloaded from Guru3D. Then I ran 3D mark03 340 at stock speed and I got 4950.

Yeah, i do that too, then use the NFR to clean out any residual files, however, I still get that crazy, doesn't work cleanly until the second reboot.

greenjeans: How much did this new driver set add to your scores??? I saw your other post... but what kind of margin did they beat out your 52.70's????

mrgreenjeans said:
3dm01 gained 500 points and 3D03 almost the same. I'm doing this from memory 'cause my notes are at home, but that should be close.

Nice! I might have to give me a try...

I overclocked my FX5900 non ultra and got above 5300 on 3Dmar03 340 with this latest driver.

Last edited:
do you think that the 53.05 has the "optimizer" that will give more scores on benchmark? opinions, anyone?

im not sure it might. but it seems to me that my games are playing smoother and they look a little better, or maybe im hallucinating? :D that could very well be true kenshiro. my 3dmark01 score went up 300pts with the 53.03 too.

I have also agree that my games does run smoother, especially with Halo. I do hope nvidia don't cheat anymore. Otherwise, the ATI boys will keep flaming us again.

the only comeback the ATi boys have is "well you get a free copy of HL2". i dont buy my cards because of packaged software. i think 53.03 is actually legit, because now halo doesnt stutter on me anymore, and my benchies add to the notion as well. the only issue ive had with this driver is that i cant run max payne 2 in 1280x1024 because for some reason it runs my refresh rate on my monitor out of spec and i have to reset my system, but 1024x768 looks and runs beautifully. that was the only issue ive had with this driver, everything else i have to say about it is good.

I've got no issues whatsoever. Max Payne is runiing at 1280 x 1024 with all eye candy and nary a lag. And talk about a 'pretty' game. Awesome graphics.
Someone somewhere will cry foul, future mark will patch the benchmark, and we'll all start over again. It's getting to the point I don't care. These drivers pushed my card almost back to were it was before the .340 patch. do i know, do I care? As long as it plays nice, let's rock!:D

YellowDart said:
Looks like I'll be downloading them pretty soon... Gotta fix my hsf woes first, then I'll focus on graphics....

Remember to uninstall your old drive and use Nasty File Remover or equivalent to remove the remaining files. Reboot than install the new driver. This will ensure that you have a clean installation of the new driver. 53.05 didn't work well for the first time because I did not have a clean installation.

Yea, I'll have to remember to grab Nasty File Remover. Is it on guru3d.com??? I'm running on 52.16's right now. So far I like them... but I'll give the new 53.30's a whirl...

Back