• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

xp1800 JIUHB DLT3C week 0311. running Abit NF7-S rev 2.0, BIOS 1.4, and 2x256's of OCZ PC3500EL. stable (according to the gromacs core on the 3.25 beta client of folding at home) at 10.5*225= 2367.87MHz (2951+ PR) in dual channel with CPU interface enabled. BIOS settings are completely stock. i turned off all USB onboard sound and firewire. then changed the memory to 9 3 3 2. running synchronous (6/6) of course.

Antec True Power 550
Vcore: 1.85
Vdimm: 2.8
VDD: 1.7

somewhat scared about raising the voltage real high on this because of what i've heard with the 1700 DLT's shorting out after so much voltage.

cooling is a lapped SLK 800 with AS3 and a 40CFM sunon 80mm. temps at full load are 27case 43cpu. just ran UT2K3 in full quality 1280x1024 flawlessly (radeon 9800 pro). sandra memory bandwidth and 3dmark scores are coming.

all in all i'm happy with this considering i'm still on air cooling. only thing i might tweak is dropping the multi to 10 and pushing the FSB farther. interested to see if the board will go farther. the memory obviously has room being at CAS 2 and i have mosfets, NB, and SB all aggressively cooled with a chopped up coolermaster heatsink. also debating on attempting to up the VDD voltage via a 2B pencil mod i found.

i'm still awake from yesterday and it's 6am at present so i'm going to have to run the benchies a little later.

EDIT:
Sandra Benchies (Best of Three)

Mem Bandwidth
3392/3099

CPU Arithmetic:
8941 MIPS
3694 MFLOPS

CPU Multimedia:
Integer 22528 It/s
SSE 22153 It/s

Last edited:
The easiest way to do the VDD is get yourself a grabber and a 5K variable resitor.
Hood

What does it do? does it just clip to a pin on the board without solder? i dont understand what you are doing here with this thing.

Yes, that's all it is.

You clip it on to a pin of the PLL chip that controls your Vcore/Vdd/Vmem - by lowering the resistance connected to the feedback pin/ground you effectively lower the voltage that the PLL thinks is being put out, so it increases the voltage to "compensate". The result is a fixed gain in voltage e.g. if you select 1.8v in BIOS with a +0.2 vmod then you get 2.0v.

Excellent job on the OC :)

You'll want to follow the advice here if you want more bus from that board, and volt modding (besides extreme cooling) is about the only way I've heard members squeezing 240+.

Back