• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dont underestimate your SL6WF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

My SL6WF water-cooled has finally reached 300....(I hope 299.99 counts... :D)

I didn't test for stability but it was stable enough to take screenshots and post this thread ;)

MySL6WF.JPG

edit

My RAM is running 3:2 and with SMD grabbers on way I hope to reach 5:4 YAY!!!!

edit2: ran prime96 5 mins and crashed.... booo Let met up the voltage and see what happens

edit3: Upped the voltage to 1.72 and crashed after 15 minutes... MORE JUICE!!! (if i dont come back in an hour I have suffered the SNDS...)

edit4: Upped the volt to 1.75 ran some bencmarks
3DMark2001 - 21233
AquaMark3 - 50722
3DMark03 - 6621
Im going to sleep now and let Prime 95 run

Last edited:
Ok final stable setting is 297FSB with 1.7v on the core.

My only upgrade left to do is the Vmod on RAM so I can run it at 5:4

Im happy with this Costa Rica :D

ILikeMy240sx said:

My RAM is running 2:3 and with SMD grabbers on way I hope to reach 5:4 YAY!!!!
y run ur ram at 5:4 when its already at 2:3 ? ;)

hyperx is great stuff but will probaly need about 3.3v to rock. ofcourse i'd start off low like 3v and see how far that takes u then move up .1v increments.

:p please tell your avatar not to lick mine.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA i cant stop laughin at my face whenever i see that... the affects of alcohol....

when I ordered my SMD grabbers I thought I couldnt reach 300 w/o them. WhyI wasnt thinkin about 3:2 dividers??? i have no clue. It's on its way so I might as well as do it.

yea Im going to start off with 3v but from what I hear, including you, 3.3 will be where I'll settle.

BTW, how much perf gain can I expect by going from 3:2 to 5:4

editted 2:3 to 3:2

Last edited:
ILikeMy240sx said:

BTW, how much perf gain can I expect by going from 2:3 to 5:4
first off there is no such thing as 2:3, but there is 3:2 which you are currently at. 3:2 is .0666.... % of the cpu fsb and 5:4 is 80%.
3:2 at 300fsb is ddr400
5:4 at 300fsb is ddr480 so that is a very big jump. I esitmate a 1000MBps ~300MBps gain in sandra memory benchmark.

mathmatically going from 2:3 to 5:4 would be a lose not a gain. ;)

AZN

hahaha it was late... sorry for the technical mistakes.. (you know what i meant yet you decided to go at it :p)

Thats nice!! BTW, your sticky helped me alot on learning about Vmodding. Thanx!

edit: i just realized.... i made that stupid mistake throughout all my posts :bang head: lolz now i see what you mean hahah stupid me...

Last edited:
My 2.4c SL6WF seems to max out at 3.24 Ghz (270 MHz FSB). I am using a Swiftech cooler. Max temps get to about 128 F under 100% load (105 -110 F at idle). I had to bump up core voltage one notch to prevent Prime95 errors. I think that I am still getting a few but infrequent errors at this speed because some software (eg Internet Explorer) simply just close spontaneously. This is an infrequent occurence but I never noticed this behavior before. I think I am going to back off to 3.0 Ghz but have not yet done this.

Back