• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More hopeful 1.0 experience...1.5 Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey dude, how can you get 30C full load temp? Mine is like 55C when at full load. Idle temp is around 49-50C. Cel [email protected] 1.775Vcore w/globalwin wbk-68.

Oh and full open case, and room temp is around 23C

And what is that IHS mod you`re talkin about?:)

NightLord said:
Hey dude, how can you get 30C full load temp? Mine is like 55C when at full load. Idle temp is around 49-50C. Cel [email protected] 1.775Vcore w/globalwin wbk-68.

And what is that IHS mod you`re talkin about?:)

Hes using a Glaciator so there's a big difference.

The IHS mod is basically taking it off so there's more contact between the chip and the cooler.

Yodum

NightLord said:
Hey, and what`s a Glaciator? Can there be so much difference between HSF and HSF ?

I'm not really sure man. If you're using a different motherboard that could account for part of the difference(you're motherboard might take the reading and put some type of compensation to it). That measurement was from HW Doctor which I believe will read it from the internal diode

***UPDATE***

On my last update, I wasn't able to loop 3DMark2000 overnight. I upped the voltage to 1.725V and it still would not run overnight. I then increased it to 1.75V and it ended up running for over 24 hours.

jmsandrsn...very nice o\c ;)
Try to run more the prime95 and also the 3DMark2001

NightLord...yes there can be much difference between HSF's

Last comment....
The Japp's are going crazy with little casper

NightLord said:
Hey, and what`s a Glaciator? Can there be so much difference between HSF and HSF ?

A Glaciator is a different type of heatsink in other words one of the top 3 heatsink currently.

There are major differences between heatsinks.
Usually AMD Stock or Intel stock are alluminum while this one is copper. And copper has 2x the better heat transfer than alluminum. They are equiped with fans that usually push 38cfm or more while the other stock one pusts 20cfm or so.

Yodums

so what motherboard u guys think is the best best overclocking board for celeronA ??

it seems hard to get abit st6 nowdays...

and i'm thinking to get a celeronA too.....which cpu u would recommand base on their overclocking ablilty ??

look like 1.2 can get a bit higher Mhz then 1.0A but it's only running at ~130 FSB....do u think getting 1.0A or 1.1 is better coz they can run at much higher FSB ??

so what motherboard u guys think is the best best overclocking board for celeronA ??

it seems hard to get abit st6 nowdays...

and i'm think to get a celeronA too.....which cpu u would recommand base on their overclocking ablilty ??

look like 1.2 can get a bit higher Mhz then 1.0A but it's only running at ~130 FSB....do u think getting 1.0A or 1.1 is better coz they can run at much higher FSB ??

I like the Abit ST6 personally or the Gigabyte although I haven't heard too many problems with it.
I'm an Abit fan.

Yodums

ol' man said:
Well I know of a few people that have to run a 1.8 vcore to get the 1.2GHz cel stable @ even 1.5GHz. I had to run a 1.725v to be stable at 1.5GHz. I would not say every chip is going to behave like this one jmsandrsn has. I still think it is a very good OC. I know if I had that chip I could get it to go abit higher with my IHS mod:D Sounds though like most should not attempt that though.

Hey jmsandrsn, you should do some benchies for us anyway at 150FSB.

I'm loving proof. I also agree that you have a very nice chip to do 1500 at 1.725v

Well, my VH6T is on the way...should have it by Friday, along with the Celly1.1a...

I noticed that jmsandrsn didn't do any kind of burn-in with that chip...just went for the gusto outta the box. Can I expect the same results? Or would a burn-in pretty much assure me a stable 1.4-1.6? Also, at what voltage/FSB should I burn in at?

Also, jmsandrsn, hell of an O/C...nice :D

Back