• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron 530W problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vogster

Ok, I just put together my new system and was looking at the voltage numbers in the bios and they were quite bad so I booted into windows and loaded MBM5 just to check it out and they are quite bad on MBM5 also. +5V=4.56V and +12V=10.64-10.82. I checked these numbers with a multimeter off of a molex connector and they are a little higher but not much. My +5V was in the 4.60s and my +12V was in the 11.00s. These numbers are very poor and this was supposed to be a kicken power supply! I have read a few posts about adjusting pots in the power supply can I just do this or should I consider RMAing this sucker? I dont know if I will be able to RMA it because when I first set this machine up the other day the voltages looked ok but a day later they have droped to this and I already got rid of the box. Help!

I just swaped my old turbolink 420w back into my case and it is running a much better 5v and 12v rail. I dont have the box for this sparkle anymore but I'm going to call newegg tommorow and see if they will RMA it. If they wont how hard will it be for me to get the 5v and 12v rails up using the pots? Do I need any special tools for this? How do I know how far to adjust the pots?

I wouldn't try to fix this with the pots, the problem is elsewhere in the PSU circuitry. If you adjust the pots and the voltage shoots up suddenly, what will happen to your hardware? Best to RMA it.

Yeah RMA that puppy. I use a 530w fortron in my dually and it handles the load of both cpus with ease with no need to adjust pots. Sounds like you just got a lemon.

Talked to newegg today and they dont have a problem with not having the box so I'm going to RMA this thing.

Back