• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding Sites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Im gonna help a friend mod his case, what are some good sites? i know of bit-tech but thats about it.

thanks

mashie.org
zapwizard.com (org? net)
pimprig.com (half of these are sorta lame though)
blingmethod.com (home of the famous furby mod)

Xoxide Forums are ok too. XtremeSystems.org is the top for cooling info.

And FrozenCPU is too expensive. They do have quite a bit though.

im trying to find a site that that gives info on how to do a side panel mod, using those black dealies that hold fans in on some cases...u know what im talking about right? its the two-piece design thing...i cant stand looking at those windows that are held in using that black thing around the edge, i want something cleaner

im not really looking for shops, but more of sites with pics of mods. wow this is the most number of replies in the same amount of time i have ever had :D

you mean the molding, that is pretty ugly but theres 3 tings you can do not to use it Assuming you glue it to the panel:

1. (EXPERT OPTION) get a thicker than normal piece of plexi and bevel out all of it excpet the spot that stick into the window so it will be flush with the case panel hole.

2. Sand the edges down into slants so it ends of bing flush with the window at the bottom of the slant.

3. Leave an indent there, it will still be airtight since you glued it on but wont look quite as good.

Robrules18 said:
you mean the molding, that is pretty ugly but theres 3 tings you can do not to use it Assuming you glue it to the panel:

1. (EXPERT OPTION) get a thicker than normal piece of plexi and bevel out all of it excpet the spot that stick into the window so it will be flush with the case panel hole.

2. Sand the edges down into slants so it ends of bing flush with the window at the bottom of the slant.

3. Leave an indent there, it will still be airtight since you glued it on but wont look quite as good.

:confused: :confused: :confused: where did that come from?

stan03 said:

:confused: :confused: :confused: where did that come from?

from
dalilman52 said:
im trying to find a site that that gives info on how to do a side panel mod, using those black dealies that hold fans in on some cases...u know what im talking about right? its the two-piece design thing...i cant stand looking at those windows that are held in using that black thing around the edge, i want something cleaner

i meant a window that is held in using the black things that look like this holding the fan in...or something like it using screws to hold the window in
image.php
anybody know of any tutorials that tell u how to do this?

Back