• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i remove lyrics from an MP3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

I have to do a parody on a song for my english class, and i have a good song with a good start on lyrics but i cant remove the already existing words. Is there a program that will remove all the words from an mp3?

if you get video editing software then you can take out noises from sound. but its only hiss, or anything else that is a constant sound.

Since vocals change frequency there is no way of it knowing what is vocals and what is music..Unless if you sit there and are somehow able to do it, but it would take a long...long, extremely long time.

that's my $.02

I've tried this before, and without good results. The best results were either a diminishing of the vocals, or distortion of the rest of the music so bad it didn't MATTER the vocals were gone.

Most karaoke software simply takes out the "center" channel on music, leaving everything else behind. Since vocals are normally a mono signal panned to the center, it would theoretically be simple to remove. In practice, nothing does a good job of it. Even ones with adaptive algorithms to intelligently seperate voice from instrument fail misserabbly.

JigPu

yea hes right
that program removes everything in the vocal range

any sort of vocie pitched noise including the music is gone

I come from an audio 'background', and it simply can't be done. Try whatever you like, but you will never get decent results i'm afraid :(

If the song is somewhat known, maybe there is a midi version out there?

That would be your best bet, as vocal removal is really hard to do. Struggeled with it a lot with mostly terrible results. The only exception is those few songs where vocal and instruments are really far from each other in frequency..

My advice assuming you own the song on an actual bought cd, would suggest you download the instrumental version using a P2P program.

or if you have NERO it has a little audio filter, unfortunatly for anything other than RAP it distorts the music waaay to much.

There are many places online that sell Karoke songs or accompainant songs that don't have the lyrics.

If you want to "share" them, you might get lucky if you use Kazaa lite or Imesh Lite. You'd have to get real lucky though.

Back