• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid as regular ide on p4c800 e deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
on my asus p4c800 e deluxe i have a raid o and 1 connector that is the same as a ide. it is to hook up thew raid. can i use this ide channel to just use another hdd without raid enabled

<bump...sorta>

Sorry I can't answer your question...I actually have another one.

Can you use the onboard SATA and PATA as separate harddrives (not in a RAID config) at the same time?

(eg. I have two PATA harddrives and one SATA harddrive and want to use them all as separate drives..)

Yes and Yes, I believe. Yes you should be able to hook up a eid "ultra ide" also referred to as PATA to the onboard promise controller. I believe you will have to "enable" the promise controller under the chipset/onboard deviced tab and you may have to add the drivers off the cd. I have not tried that connector though and have owned my board 1 week. I don't know if you have to have a true ultra133 or just an ultre which most all are I believe.
As far as SATA, I had my SATA non Raid drive hooked up to the ICH5+R connectors on the board and it worked fine. In fact, I had thought all week that it was actually hooked up on the Promise connectors but I just (1/2hr.ago) realized when I spent the last 5 hrs.:mad: trying to get a RAID config going and couldn't detect my drives because I hooked them up to the wrong connectors! So yes you can have 1 SATA working in a non-Raid environment. I did it on the upper connectors! Geez, see what happens when you don't follow/read the instructions!!!As far as the Promise adapter (with the regular eide plug attached) I would "assume you could" But you now know where assumptions got me! hehe :D Well good luck! can't harm anything anyways
UPDATE Yes you can run Sata non Raid on the Promise controller just follow these steps http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/10052-1.html

Last edited:
Back