• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i just got a Duron 1.6Ghz is it anygood?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

its a DHD1600DLV1C MIXB0341MPMW does this one OC any good. what about L2 Mode, will it work on this CPU. Also can i use a Socket A HSF setup with it? it look just like a Socket A...

It's socket A. I L2 modded mine two nights ago, same week/stepping.

Mine's in a board with no multi/vcore adjustment and PC2100 ram, so I can't tell how it OC's- probably very well.

sweet thats some good news

i got it cuz it was cheap and im now deciding if i should give it to my mom for her computer of if i should keep it and give her my 2100 that im OC now.

what do u guys think?

i would keep the 2100+. The L2 mod does not have 100% successful rate. And your 2100+ is well overcocked. I ould try to ply with the Duron first and then give it to her @ the stable oced speed :p

Yeah, also I have no way of knowing whether or not the chip is super-locked in the board its in now...

my extra mobo doesnt OC at all. its a cheapo Biostar M7VIG PRO i think. anyway i just put it in and the lil ***** is running hella hot. shes at 45C at an idle. ifigured the stock HSF from my 2100 would work ok but damn i wasnt expecting that high of a temp. i think im just going to replace the fan cuz its not like this thing is going to taxin the cpu all day eveyday. all she does is play cards and email. pfffffff :)

hey does anyone know what size the fan is on a stock AMD 2100 HSF setup?

60mm is the fan size.

That Duron is the exact same thing as a Thoroughbred "B" DLT3C chip - except half the cache is disabled, and it might be multiplier locked.

If it is unlocked... you're lucky, and it will do quite well - even if it is locked 2200 MHz should be abreeze - although the low stock multi may prevent you from getting it higher due to motherboard FSB restrictions. Being a really new week (41) it should outperforum all the older Thoroughbred "B" DLT3C 1800+ chips overclockability-wise once you unlock the extra L2 cache.

Good luck!

thanks although i dont think i need it cuz i desided to give it to my mom. i dont want to change things around cuz everything is working good and im affraid to ruin that. besise my current 2100 is doing just fine for me :)

thanks for the fan size. i was guessing it was a 60 mill

I just got a Duron 1.6 and OC'd in my Soyo KT400 Ultra Black Mobo to 2.3 GHz, right now I have it running at 2.02 GHz and it has been running stable for a week now.

damn this thing is crazy!!! im trying to do a burn in and the mutli is locked so i just crancked up the FSB to 170 and the vcore to 1.95 volts and the thing is at 37.5C on prime 95 load. is that a freakin low temp or is it just me?

last night i primed it at 200X12 "2.4Ghz" at 1.875vcore and it had an error after like 50 minutes. i play CS 1.6 for like 3 hours straight with no problems tho. its as stable as i need it but im going to crank upthe vcore to like 2 or a lil higher to to a burn in. its hard tho cuz the damn thing will not heat up. as of right now im at 2vcore with 200 FSB and im idle at 24.5C!!!! damn :)

it goes higher then that but its 2 high a vcore for me to use as a permenent setting.

what did you do to get such a low temp? or i'm missing something?

Have you tried to unlock for larger cache?
And what board are you overclocking it with?

the temps are low because amd bake them things coming out of the oven @ 1.5v.

thats why the tbred B's were so successful.

you can get even sicker with the 2400+'s mobile that come out of the oven @ 1.25v.

there's prolly thousands in circulation that are unlocked, from what i've read, noone has come across a locked one yet.

Back