• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artifacts under stock speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$anch3z

i have a 9800 pro that seemed to work fine for about a month ...it has been overclocked (see 3d msrk scores in sig) but now for some reason i seem to be getting artifacts under stock speed!!! only the core seems affected the memory will run up 378 without fault ....any input would be welcome thanks

sounds like a heat problem to me

get better cooling, and change out that hard silver crud they use as thermal compound.

This might help.

I changed out that hard junk and put on some artic aluma and im running stable at 411 core with not a single problem.

harry

ok i put the standard heatsink back on my card and ran some tests with an ati artifact tool i got from a link in these forums...i can now manage 405/378 core/mem ...i think i'll have to remove the shim if i want to put my water block back on...looks like its pretty well fixed though with some sort of epoxy ....as you may see from my sig i have had the core alot higher in the past...my 9700 pro clocked higher than this on the core :mad: is it possible i could have damaged the core in some way????

Anything is possible

I ruined a 9500pro it was 2 days old. I removed the shim, It came off real easy without any pressure i didnt touch anything but the shim. I booted back up and the card was dead. So in short anything is possible when removing the HS pins you could have messed up a trace slightly.

Good luck in your endevors.

Harry

Back