• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will 92mm tornados fit in xaser 2 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Im gonna be getting some tornados. 1 92mm for my slk 947u, and 5 for my case, but will they be either 80mm or 92mm. For those of you who have xaser 2s, will 92mms fit in the fan spots? Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if the xaser 2 case will have space for mounting 92mm fans because they use the fan adapter things, but if u drilled the holes correctly, it should fit, that is if u measured the width and height of the fan mount area and made sure that two 92mm fans would fit

And just FYI, the 92mm tornado’s dimensions are 92x92x38 mm, but most 92mm fans are 92x92x25, so the front fan mounts may not have enough room, just thought I’d throw that bit of info in

Just measure everything just to make sure that u have enuff room (especially in the front as the HDD rack may interfere with 38mm depth fans), also don’t forget about the back exhaust area, make sure u have enuff room b4 u start cutting, I would also suggest cutting away the original fan grills, they are very restrictive, u should replace them with the chrome wire grills that everyone is familiar with

o yah btw, why tornados? they are incredibly loud and arent exactly good for case cooling, U1a or h1a 92mm panaflos would do the job just as well, and would be much quieter than about 6 tornados, that is if u have a fan controller

Alright thanks. I was planning on dremmeling out the grills, and if not using 92mm, would the 80mm be any better? Im using tornados because i need the absolute max airflow reguardless of noise.

Back