• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PSu to get for my rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

I currently have an Enermax 350 but its starting to become overpowered by my system as my 5 volt line drops as low as the mid 4.5 range. I've never really been to impressed with the Enermax. It used to always read about 4.8 to 4.6x not ideal but never gave me any problems. When I put the the LiteON DVD in it maxs at 4.7x and goes as low as 4.5x. I don't know why that would effect the 5 line as I always thought drives ran off of 12v line.

I see a lot of people touting the Fortronbrand and I have always heard great things about the Antec TruePower series.

Do you think the Fortron 350 that sells for 27 at Newegg would be enough to power what is in my system below along with 5 case fans? I know it is only rated the same as my current PSU but like I said I was never too impressed with Enermax.

Or would I be better served by spending twice that amount for the Fortron 400? If I go that route the Antec TruePower is only 12 dollars more expensive is it worth it?

Thanks
Shawn

Nearly all FSP-Group PSU's are quite the dog of the PSU. They can handle alot and still take more.

A FSP350-60PN should be strong enough to handle you right with a good overclock. A FSP 300W would probably handle it as well.

A 400W/530W Fortron-Source PSU would be able to handle what you could dish out on a 12V-thirsty P4/A64 system, so you could look at it as a PSU for future upgrades.

Back