• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help and ideas plz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

ok i need some help i have seriously bent 2 prongs on my p4, its been bent for a while. i found i had a problem running folding at the temperature is at a constant climb. when it reached 60*C, folding application closed. any cheap way to fix?? maybe find a replacement for cheap. my motherboard only supports 400mhz fsb and up to 2.4ghz.
thanks to all who can help.
be back on in a few gonna check if the socket itself is damaged.

if they are that badly bent try using an exacto knife to lift them up gently. But do be warned moving those pins if they are flattened will probably break them but it won't hurt to try.

I dont think they'd be there if they werent needed.

if they break you could try putting them in the holes that they "would" go into if they were connected.

Then put in the processor, maybe they'll make contact with the pins in the socket.

I simple bend them back. I use a small screwdriver or credit card. Anyways, this is in the wrong section, please try and remember to post in the correct spot next time. Thanks and good luck!

Matt

considering that it doesn't seem to work now trying to fix them can't make it any worse...

needle nose plyers or the exacto knife sound good

the refillable pencil sounds like the best idea. put the pin in the tip and bend er back.

i smooshed the whole corner of a 1.8 willy i have. probably about 1/5th the total pins. i used a credit card, and the better part of 2 nights to get them all straight enough to actually go back in the socket. i lost 2 pins along the way, and apparently they were NOT needed, at least for me. in my p4t533-c it still runs fine to this day, but when i tried to sell it to a friend for $50, it would not post whatsoever in his msi neo2. my 2.0 chip worked fine for him though, so he's the new owner of that.

Back