• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which chip for MP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ailijic1985

Registered
with the new found abilty to unlock all AMD CPU's
if you were going to make a new system which core would you use and which model number.
I want to stay with the 32 bit processors.
I was thinking a barton 2400 or 2500 since from what I have read it is a better core than the tbred and a 2400 model because I am going to overclock it and to get a faster one wouldnt give me any real benifit.
with the 2500 what do I gain or lose with the 333FSB.

With the barton in an MPX board, they will get defaulted to 133 as the chipset doesn't support 166 FSB, but with unlocked processors, you can make up for the low FSB with higher multipilers. Or with a decent overclocking board you could raise the FSB some and then up the multi to the chip's limit. If you don't want to play around with overclocking, then get a fast 266 bus t-bred or MP based Barton.

so if the barton gets defaulted to 133fsb then I should just go with a 1700 or 1800 tbred. or does the design of the chip lend it self to geting higher MHz and is therefore worth the extra money?

ailijic1985 said:
with the new found abilty to unlock all AMD CPU's

Are you basing this statement on this thread? So far as I have seen, that is still theory. I don't know of anyone who has successfully done it in an AMD dually. You might want to wait for VERIFIED results.

Back