• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bulwark

Well I hope someone can help me with this b/c I'm stumped.

I was loading something called USB Command verifer and I accidentely started the installation program for my sound card drivers when all of the sudden, my computer froze. Nothing moved, CTRL+ALT+DEL brought up nothing. I waiting a bit, and hit the reset button. Again nothing happened, so I hit the Power switch. Upon restarting my computer, none of my USB devices worked. Windows detects all the controllers and hubs. But I'm guessing refuses to power it or something. I checked the settings for the USB controllers so that it could shut off my USB devices to save power, that didn't help. Installed a few patches, that didn't help. Now I'm some what lost for ideas.

I know the devices still work because when the computer is starting up, it detects it when it is posting and the green status lights are on. but as soon as Windows starts to load it turns off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Take a look in your BIOS and see if they were turned off. If that isn't it, look in the deviece manager and see if there is a conflict with IRQs or something.

I've checked bios, it's detected fine in bios. And there doesn't seem to be any conflicts in Device Manager.

Back