• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7M266-D/1700+ Owners Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtremexp

Registered
I have this board and the cpu's and according to the manual to use above 133mhz fsb the voltage has to be set to auto. Any way around this?

I'm not sure if you can get around it (have you even tried?), but if you can't then you can throw some wires in the socket (I don't know the link that shows how to do it, but I'm sure it's in a sticky somewhere) and when the board auto detects the voltage, it'll be set at whatever you modded it to be . . .

Z

what? the maunual said that? if so then screw it. I can run mine at 1.82v with 140FSB.

I believe dustybyrd runs his 150FSB at 1.82v . :/

Last edited:
xtremexp said:
I have this board and the cpu's and according to the manual to use above 133mhz fsb the voltage has to be set to auto. Any way around this?
That is not at all true. You set the cores using the PO_VID jumpers and then set the JEN jumper to jumperless and you're good to go.

Got it I was not understanding fully got up to 143 so far.

Hey, you're a quick learner! Just make sure your case has good airflow. My cheap Maxtop case has a side inlet fan, a top exhaust fan, the two rear exhaust fans. Even running two instances of Prime95 overnight (each CPU at 100%), my system case temp stayed right at 30C.

Been into overclocking for a while now but this board threw me for a loop

Re: Re: A7M266-D/1700+ Owners Help

DaveB said:

That is not at all true. You set the cores using the PO_VID jumpers and then set the JEN jumper to jumperless and you're good to go.

That's exactly what I did with mine when I installed 2 Tbred B 1700's I modded to MP2600's. I have it set at 1.80 volts by jumper and I'm running it at 141 X 16 watercooled.

Back