• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st OC - please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scumgrief

Hi all. Occasional reader, first time poster, first attempt at Overclocking. I've read through the forum FAQs as well as read a few different OC guides, but I'm still kinda clueless about these different settings everyone is talking about. I've looked at my BIOS once, and have no clue what I'm doing.

So, let me start with my system & what I'm trying to do. Perhaps you can help me :)

Enermax EG465P-VE FC power supply

AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton Core
- code is AQXEA 0347 XPMW

Abit NF7-S mobo, ver 2.0

Coolermaster Aero 7+ HSF (teh huge!)

768MB Kingston PC2100.
(I'll eventually buy matching pairs of either 256MB (512MB total) or 512MB (1GB total) of the Corsair XMS PC3200 depending on my cash flow.)

So, if my terminology is right, my memory is clocked at 266MHz, my CPU at default 333MHz, and my mobo at 400MHz? With my current setup, should I even try to overclock my CPU? I think my memory would slow me down.

Say it's now the perfect world and I have 1GB of the PC3200 (DDR400) RAM. What do I do to get the thing running with a 400MHz FSB? I don't care how fast I can get it to go (clock cycle)... I just want the CPU bandwidth to match up with the memory & mobo capabilities.

Please keep in mind that I have no idea what VCore is, what a multiplier does, and I barely could bring up the BIOS when my computer booted. :eek:

Thx in advance :)

Back