• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7-E making annoying "beeps"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShakyJake

I'm having this super annoying "problem" were the computer intermittently beeps. It appears to only start when the processor comes under load, but it's not an alarm or anything going off. It's just this little "beep" every once and a while. Nothing ever happens, though...system doesn't shut down or act weird.

I've determined that it's somehow connected to the "CPU FanEQ Speed Control" option in the BIOS. With it off, the computer is fine. With it on, I'll get the beeps. I've set the Temperature Alarms / Shutdown to some ungodly-high number, so I know it's not getting anywhere near the alarm temps.

Anyone have a clue on this? I seem to recall a NF7-S board having a similiar issue. By the way, I have flashed it to the latest BIOS when I got it (like 2 days ago).

Thanks for any input! For now, I've just unplugged the PC speaker connector.

Back