• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question before I order my setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teh_0ni0n

Registered
I'm looking at ordering the following parts for my first w/c setup from dangerden.com

Maze4 Cpu Block
Hydro L20 Pump
Black Ice Pro Radiator
7 Feet of 1/2 clearfex tubing
10 Clamps
A "T"

Anything Else I'd Need? This is going inside a lian-li pc-65b, the rad should just barley fit inside the front of the case, once i remove the hard drive cage. It's cooligng a barton 2500 mobile, with a nf7-s mobo. What do you think? :)

Looks pretty good. That's a good middle of the road setup. You'd get better performance by upgrading to an L30 and the RBX, and it wouldn't cost you too much. That might be a thing to consider.

I really dont have much money to spend like $150 max. it should cool pretty well rite? I'm going to upgrade to the rbx and l30 later.

The heater core is about 2 inchs bigger, and It'll gonna be a tight squeeze getting teh black ice pro to go in anyway. It should cool pretty well right? WAY better than my volcano 7 I hope.

What kind of temp drop would I see getting a BIX instead of BIP? i really dont have the money for a BIX

Lian-li Pc-65b

prd_708.jpg

I dont really wanna cut the case at all, cept for teh back for the power cord of the pump. I'm planning on moving the speaker, removing the lowest 3'5 bay thingie, and removing the rivets it sits on. Then I stick the rad over in that area.

EDIT: here's a realllyyy old picture of when I first got it, so you can see the side

Picture%205.jpg

Last edited:
get a procore or a jr120 from dtek's website because they are cheaper than a bip or bix. Right now i use a bix in one of my setups and i will tell you it is worth getting a bix over a bip. Saw my temps decrease a couple of degrees. You will save money getting a heater core and in turn can get a better block or pump. Also try voyeur mods and check out their rads and also make sure to get a fan shroud. Good luck

Keep clocking

newcase.jpg

Thats the newst picture of my case. Here's what I plan to do (as you can see theres no room for a heatcore or anything larger than a bix)

water.jpg

rbx block only works better when used with other blocks doesnt it?

otherwise ur pry just gonna see little or maybe less performance compared to a maze 4 if your gonna just run the one block

You might as well start modding the case now ;) Since you're going to drill out the rivets for the bottom enclosure, you can drill out the rivets where your harddrive is sitting now.

I see that you're only using one optical drive (I see only one set of screws up there), so you can mount your hard drive on the bottom 5.25"' bay using some 5.25" rails. If you're like, you can mount a fan in front of the drive to blow air over it, the rails give enough space for the fan to fit. You'll have enough space to mount an additional optical up top. A 120mm fan blowing over the drive will take 3 bays up... an 80mm fan will take two.

I have a similar sized case (mid tower Antec SLK3700AMB), so I had space issues. Here, I'm using a spare 120mm fan to blow air over the HDD, as well as circulate the stagnant warm air that gets eddied into the bay.
DSC01429.JPG

I previously had the HDD sitting in the same cage as the floppy, but it was getting hot and didn't have airflow over it.

If you do this, you'll have space for the chevette core, which will perform better than the smaller ones. Plus you won't be cutting much. :p

Couple of updates,

I got a great deal on a new bix, 40 bux! And, i dont have to drill anything out on the bottom, the whole thing slides out =P, and i have two opical drives, and a baybus, heres a pic:

dude.jpg

Back