• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Least Expensive Black 19" LCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Looking for the Least Expensive Black 19" LCD I can find. I want good gaming quality, with no ghosting. Does anyone know of any deals or have a suggestion for the monitor?

How cheap is cheap when your still want a quality LCD monitor? If $750 is low, then Dell sells it's 20.1" LCD w/ the 16ms LG.Philips 20.1" panel every so often (after a 'monthly' 25% discount). That's only quality for less deal I have noticed lately.

Any goog gaming monitor with no ghosting will run you ~$600 new. If you want cheaper, look to Sceptre lcd's. I've heard mixed reviews about gaming/ghosting performance though. If I had a ton of spare cash, I'd get a black samsung 191T+.

The reason I said least expensive gaming monitor is becuase I have noticed the prices on 19 LCD's, and I've seen some at a dirt cheap 550 or so, with ghosting problems, and I've seen some at 850 that gets awesome reviews. I'm looking for something in between those two numbers - that still performs well.

I'd say the dell deal is probably your best bet right now, in a couple of months better and bigger will become more common, so you might have a better chance of picking up one for cheap.

Don't forget BenQ. They make really good LCDs and don't charge too badly for them as they are mainly an OEM manufacturer. I use the FP767 17" and it games like a champ with 16ms response time. Thats the main thing to look for when buying one that will be gamed on imo.

Also keep an eye on newegg refurbs, they have some really good deals on LCDs every once and a while.

The good thing about Dell deals is that they repeat the same deal every so often, about once a month. The bad thing about Dell deals is that they only last 2 or 3 days, and may require Dell coupon codes (which they email you if you subscribe for it).

The latest 25% discount on the Dell FP2001 20.1" 16ms LCD ended at the end of March, but I'm sure it will repeat once or twice this month of April.

If you havn't, everyone should sign up for Dell's email savings, for both Home and Small Business, as they often have some nice discounts given.

Back