• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

water_cooler 20

I have started my 2nd chiller now and this time i want colder temps and a faster pull so in this chiller i'm using a big compressor its a 9000 BTU rotray compressor
here some pics

frosty:D
watercooler20-DSC00553.JPG

evap and res needs
watercooler20-DSC00551.JPG

condensor
watercooler20-DSC00523.JPG

would my condensor lose some of its cooling power if i spary painted it

9000BTU Rotray compressor
watercooler20-DSC00522.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting... What refrigerant are you using? What is the expected heatload you want to cool? what is your water mixture going to consist of with quantities? What temps can you get with it? Would those temps increase slightly by finding better fans for the condensor?

Sorry for 20 q's, just kinda barfed them up.

1.I'm using R-22
2.I think my cpu,gpu, and NB would = 250watts of heat i think
3.My mix is going to be 40:60 water and methanol
4.right now i'm using a 30:70 mix of antifreeze and water which is rated to -42C but my chiller made it turn to ice so my guess is my chiller is below -42C :D
5.I think the temps may increse w/ better fans but only slighty

also here is a pic of my chiller pumping water to my maze 3 very cold and frosty it showed me that i will need better inslation;)

Attachments

• dsc00564.jpg
    dsc00564.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 265
i dont think a thin coat of flat black paint will matter much.
there are many heatsinks that are crinkle coated with black.

maybe you can get a bunch of 120mm fans and glue them together for a big fan and it would still be quite.

Back