Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

MBM 5 Question/Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-10-04, 03:36 AM Thread Starter   #1
bob4432

MBM 5 Question/Problem

installed on a biostar m7ncdpro board. the d@mn cpu and case temps are only 2C in difference. i know this cannot be the case because the case only has 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan running a xp2000. has anybody else had this problem with this board and mdm5? case - 48C, cpu - 50C
bob4432 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-10-04, 10:15 AM   #2
Daegon

you might have your sensors messed up, or you might have a really high case temp. try running with the side panel off.

if that doesn't show a marked difference in the case temp, perhaps the 'case' temperature is really the thermal sensor on the board for the cpu, whereas your 'cpu' temp is the cpu's internal diode. play around with settings, you might get lucky.

Black Belt ▄bercloxx0r

Heatware
Daegon is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-10-04, 12:12 PM   #3
Tawcan
Registered

Check MBM's website for set up detail. The sensor settings for each motherboard are listed on the website.
Tawcan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-10-04, 01:43 PM Thread Starter   #4
bob4432

i got the info from mbms site and according to them mine is setup correctly. also, with the side off, the case temp may go down 1C but the cpu will go down 2-3C... weird. could there be dust or something on it?
Old 04-10-04, 02:05 PM   #5
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Read your mobo manual, or download it online if you need to, and find out where your thermal sensors are located on your board.

It's hard to say much about temps if you don't know where they are being read from.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-12-04, 07:40 PM Thread Starter   #6
bob4432

just blew out the case and applied some arctic silver 5 to hsf. now case is 47C and cpu is 48C/idle. i need to find the diode that the case is being read from....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool