• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd to xvid encoding problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racpuc

I've done encoding before. For the life of me I cant figure out why my audio is out of sync with my video. Some movies I back up work great others dont. I''ve used gk and trying out autogk (3 times slower dont know why)

I know setting delay times for audio and all and I use dvd2avi that comes with gk which seperates the different audio tracks with delay times and the vid.

Seems like the audio get more out of sync the deeper I get into the movie. Can anyone help?

I had a problem like that, where the audio was a few seconds off at the very begining, and minutes off at the end. I don't remember what I did to fix it, but I did manage to somehow.... It might have been because I was using VBR for my sound instead of a constant bitrate, but I'm pretty sure that was a different problem.

JigPu

You can use VirtualDub to rip the audio apart, then merge it back together. That has worked for me to sync the audio back up. I havent done it for a while, so I cant tell you the exact steps of how to do it. You could check out www.doom9.net for some guides.

Back