• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WIN XP PRO SP1 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlaughterUall

Ok after i installed the new patches that came out on wednesday I cant connect to the net at home (only 1 comp on the network will be borrowing a co workers labtop to test today after work). i tried to do a system restore to sunday without luck. I've tried to uninstall the patches but they dont show up at all.

My cable modems "online" light blinks. I've tried taking my router out of the picture but still does not work. I've tried different CAT 5 cable. I have the up todate norton defs also. I've treid releaseing and renewing my IP adress but i get a DHCP error.

I've been working 14 to 16 hour work days since wednesday so i really havn't had much time to work on it.

What are the odds that my NIC (onboard will try a PCI one when i get home) cable modem or my cable company died at the same time? But i still do have cable TV.

Any help will be nice. If i get off of work before my cable company's help desk closes i will give them a call.

Thanks inadvance
Slaughter

EDIT: Forgot to say system is in my sig.

if the light on the cable modem blinks continuously (on/off/on/off and over again), then that means your line is not online ..

SlaughterUall said:
Ok thanks i will have to give suscom cable a phone call it looks like.

slaughter

tell them how ****ed you are, and that you just got a phone call from another cable provider with better offer and considering moving ... i did that once with my road runner CS and she gave me 3 months of free cable :D .. coz' my cable went down 2 full days at that time (without notice) ...

Back