• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I hope it will be a 30 caps??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I ordered a 3.0C SL6WU ...I will get it next week, and I really hope it will be a 30 caps..but on the order side, the only things I know except the stepping it's the packdate : 01/15/2004

I know it not the newer packdate so it will probably be a 12 caps...

Charloz24 said:
I ordered a 3.0C SL6WU ...I will get it next week, and I really hope it will be a 30 caps..but on the order side, the only things I know except the stepping it's the packdate : 01/15/2004

I know it not the newer packdate so it will probably be a 12 caps...

That's not really an indication of how many caps it will have. Mine has 30 caps and it's dated 1/31/04.

I think the 30 cap thing is just a myth. It doesn't guarantee you'll be able to overclock more. I've got last week an SL6WU with 30 caps and it's not a good overclocker at all (seems like I be stuck at 240MHz FSB). Others got an SL6WK with 12 caps that can overclock better and at lower voltages.

The caps are found at the bottom of the CPU, visible when it's outside the socket. They are usually 12 or 30.

Back