• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me if this is a good fan/hs to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive heard both the Zalmans are good. have not heard much about the coolermaster

your gonig to want to go to there home page and see if the heatsink's will fit on your board

Yeah, I'd have to agree, the Zalmans get good reviews. The CoolerMaster might be rather large. I saw a CoolerMaster blower in my local comp store and it was huge, it had to be like 10in tall at least. This was a different model however, so I'd find the dimensions of the entire setup. It was also very wide, so if you have close capacitors, make sure you can get a refund from that reseller. Personally, I'd go with the Zalmans and pick one that fits you heatsink well, they both look like they are very well made.

For about the same price, you could look at the Thermalright line. I just got the slk-948 which is hopefully arriving today :D yippee
Archilochus, is there a major performace difference between the Zalman and the Thermalrights? I know someone with the coolermaster and he said that he had idles around 35 on a oc'ed AMD XP 2600... I'm not sure what his load was, but I think he said it was like 44-45 or somewhere near there.
[edit] duh. that was stupid :bang head , sorry archilocus I didn't see the link.

hey zach, the coolermaster was not ten inches tall. It was only like 6in. at the most.

for those who don't know, we're brothers so thats why we argue all the time :D although I don't know why, b/c I'm always right

All right, I was off on the ten inches thing. I looked it up on the CoolerMaster site, and the box that it's in is large, but the blower/sink in itself rather small. Sorry bout that.

jet 4 and the jet 7 have perform about the same....i have had an experience with a jet 4 before and they are pretty good.....i used to run a jet 4 on a P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 and it have me about 34c idle and 42 load......i really dont know about the zalmans...never had any sorta of experience with them ,yet.

Well not sure if my sig will work on this one or not so Ill give it to ya in the post

MSI KT6 Delta
MSI 4600 ti (45.23's)
AMD Athlon xp2500 (not overclocked)
WD 40 gig w/8mb cache
512 DDR PC 3200
Onboard sound
Win XP Pro

My system runs very hot and im trying to get it atleast into the 40's so I can overclock.

I average 54c no load on my 2500
and
61-63c on my 1800 so im definatly looking for cooling solutions!!

OK OK you talked me into the thermalright....lol

I have some more questions for the grease what should I use...I heard you guys mention something before like silverfox or something like that??????

Second question is some of the newer thermalrights it says their for athlon 2800+ Wouldnt a heatsink that fit a 2800 also fit a 2500???

Heck the guy I bought the computer from said he would upgrade my 2500 to a 3200 for 160.00 with the trade in. I just heard so many people say that you can easily overclock the 2500's up to that. So I was going to try....hehe. I just need to kewl her down first!

nice xp2500 that would oc nice so i would go out and get the
SP-97 at http://www.thermalright.com/ then click on amd heatsinks and then sp-97

its a work of art then you mount a 92mm fan on there and if u ever wana upgrade u can use that hsf all over.

or you because of your (no harm intended) low grade mobo you might not get the oc you could with a good asus mobo you might wana save some $$ and go with a slk900 U or A

but imo go get the sp-97 and then save up and get a better mobo (it will go a long way) asus!!!! all the way

The one I suggest you look at is the Vantec AeroFlow. On a [email protected] it dropped the temps 12c. It seems to gool better than my alpha with 80cfm delta and real close to my SP 94 with 84cfm tornado. It is relatively quiet and @ $20 well priced with a TDM fan. It was so good after I bought the 1st one I have gotten 3 more for folding machines. It is the best noise vs performance I have seen

MSI kt6 delta I thought was one of their top of the line MB's?

Why do you say its sub par?

Im not offended I just want to know what your reasonings behind thinking that?

I have a asus a7v 266 e with my 1800 and I dont really like that one as the temps are sooooo high.

I actually have the Vantec Aeroflow right now and I'm upgrading to the slk-478 b/c my temps got too high. I agree that it's a great fan and it kept my P4 at 47 load for some of my lower overclocks, but my load temp now is 56-58C for some reason, and thats with AS5. Even at stock, the temps stay around 44C idle now.
hey techbota, I'm not sure why he dissed your board either. You can overclock that a heck of a lot for a socket A board. I don't think you'll have any trouble oc'ing it, just make sure you have the newest Bios flash.
[edit] what it might be is the lack of mounting holes that kind of inhibit how many cpu HSF's you can upgrade to.

LOL I got nervous and looked for some overclocking reviews on my board and they said it was a very good board just too expensive. Maybe he was thinking of the older kt400 chipsets

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/msi-kt6-delta/

Like I said I wasnt upset but if I had a bad board I would get rid of it within a week or two. I have recently been interested in learning about hardware performance so I want to make sure I have the right stuff.

hey this might sound stupid, but i have a question for MTB856 and Enduro. do you guys ride mountain bikes, perhaps an enduro? just wondering b/c MTB might mean mountain biker and enduro might be the specialized plus you guys are brothers.

if you guys do mountain bike, then i feel less weird having hobbies that seem diametrically opposed. i ride a specialized stumpy fsr.

Back