• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding for Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sturm

Well here I am, I downloaded something and its running, but I have no clue whats going on lol.

Looked at the stickies but there is sooooo much info there, would appreciate a cut down version from someone as to what's going on lol.

Attachments

• folding.jpg
    folding.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 118
Basically you are simulating protein mutation or 'folding'. We are all made up of proteins, they mutate and sometimes they mutate wrong, or misfold. We are trying to understand why this happens. The result of misfolding is diseases like mad cow, alzheimer's, cancer, MS, etc, etc.

Welcome to the Fold. You have the graphical client which is cool to look at but won't give you the best performance for folding. It also looks like you have team 32 but "no" as the username. Why not create a username for your self and then you can monitor your progress on the various folding stats websites.
For an optimized folding client with flags look here. Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to the Folding Community!!!

I would suggest that you un-install the graphical client

Then use the one-click install (for single proc if-n it's AMD)

Download EMIII (Electron Microscope III) to monitor it with.

This will produce the best, and most stable results.

In the client.cfg file you will need to change your name from Wedo to whatever you want your username to be. There is no need to register for it. Once your first WU is done it will be sent to Stanford and your username will be recorded and your stats with it!

Good luck mate!

PM if you need additional instructions on folding / EMIII

Back