• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

Which is better RBX or Whitewater or Silverprop Evolution SE??
I am willing to spend the money for the Silverprop if it is better than the whitewater and RBX.
thanks

Whitewater by a very small amount, then RBX, then the Evolution

If you head over to procooling.com you will find a comparison of the WW and RBX

Use the search!:)

Well I have been told to what a few more weeks on any futuer WB purchases from DangerDen so I would like to know what they have up their sleeve. Could be a revised RBX which will blow the WW away. Just something to consider.

well. im not getting it right now, so i have a couple of months ahead of me. well thanks and this is what i plan to get so far

BIX
MCP600
Silverprop gpu block fusion
build custom reseviour

my main thing is that i want to fit everything in my case
antec 1000 amg plus view

what you guys think??

thanks

@Rokk1972--would an eheim1260 work good on the rbx with a #4 nozzle? i'm just blowing money and was going to experiment with different blocks. or should i get the new ww?

Turd Furguson said:
Well I have been told to what a few more weeks on any futuer WB purchases from DangerDen so I would like to know what they have up their sleeve. Could be a revised RBX which will blow the WW away. Just something to consider.
lately i've been hearing about a new block from danger den a lot. rokk could you clear this up?

crazythunder said:
@Rokk1972--would an eheim1260 work good on the rbx with a #4 nozzle? i'm just blowing money and was going to experiment with different blocks. or should i get the new ww?

yes the pump you listed is more than enough for the job. And to be very honest about which block you should get....I designed the RBX. But I know for a fact that the RBX cools better than a WW when paired with a good pump.

Eheim 1260s are relly quite poor for watercooling as they dump so much heat into the water. IMO your better off with the MCP600.

Its true that the RBX is a bit better at high flow rates but i would not worry about it as its still a small differance.

i'm just blowing money and was going to experiment with different blocks. or should i get the new ww?

If your just blowing money then get the RBX silver version. Dangerden has them on thier site and its only $172.95

I heard that it performs 10% better than the copper version

Bevman said:

If your just blowing money then get the RBX silver version. Dangerden has them on thier site and its only $172.95

I heard that it performs 10% better than the copper version

I don't think that DD has anymore S-RBX, there were only a very limited QTY made (something like 15 were made). And from my understanding, DD will not be making anymore S-RBX(s).

Rokk1972 said:

yes the pump you listed is more than enough for the job. And to be very honest about which block you should get....I designed the RBX. But I know for a fact that the RBX cools better than a WW when paired with a good pump.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple questions. I would appreciate your answers to all of them, but just answer what you feel comfortable with.

1) Who does your testing?
2) What formal training does your tester (or yourself) have?
3) If he (or yourself) does not have formal training, what kind of technical experience does he (or yourself) have?
4) Does he (or yourself) do the testing at a bench testing setup or on a system test bed?

I will only try to guide your answer to number 4 - if you do system testing, please don't say that you do so to get "real world results".

I am not knocking you in any way, I am just trying to decide how much weight that last sentence actually carries.

I'm curious because at such a high performance level, if these blocks are closely comparable, then it is very difficult to accurately determine the actual performance difference between them reliably and eliminate outside variables... If you can say the RBX is better as a fact, I think there should be some numerical data and graphs that show it - this has been done quite well for the whitewater along with many other blocks. If there is this kind of good data, I would like a linky.

IMOG,
pHaestus' testing here
http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/waterblock_comparison-_rbx_whi.php

suggests an RBX, with nozzle #1, surpasses a Dtek whitewater at high flow rates.... which are also a bit easier to reach with an RBX, as it's slightly less restrictive than a whitewater...

you need a pretty powerful pump to achieve that kind of flow rate though (even with no other blocks and a free flowing rad) .... MCP600 would fall short.

Thanks pauldenton, I hate when I am left in the dark... I should read more of phaestus' stuff, everything I have read of his in the past has been good information. :)

That is just what I was looking for, very cool! That answers all of my questions... I was hopeing rokk wouldn't interpret my post wrong and become defensive, but that solves that problem. :)

IMOG said:
Thanks pauldenton, I hate when I am left in the dark... I should read more of phaestus' stuff, everything I have read of his in the past has been good information. :)

That is just what I was looking for, very cool! That answers all of my questions... I was hopeing rokk wouldn't interpret my post wrong and become defensive, but that solves that problem. :)

I never take anything the wrong way. I have very thick skin. :)

I didn't have a chance to answer ya, until after someone beat me to it.

Back