• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Spark7+ with Hardcano9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ewalk123

I have a TT lanfire case which came with a hardcano 9 fan controller which controlls the 4 case fans.

I want to replace one of the stock fans with a 92mm vantec tornado. I know that the hardcano 9 cant handle this fan so I am planning on controlling it via a rheostat. This will in turn free up 1 channel on the hardcano. Instead of letting the channel go to waste, I want to attach my TT spark7+ cpu fan to it.

Anyone know if this is possible/recommended?

Actually it can handle that 92mm fan I bet. I have the Hardcano 9. I also have one 5200rpm fan up to one controller, another 5200 rpm fan to another. One stealth 120mm fan to another & one 120mm Sunon KD1212PTB1-6AF 120mm Fan. Runs all this just fine.......

GO FOR IT!! Worst that will happen is it will be an under powered fan, you'll notice the rpms won't spin as high. Thats all........But I highly doubt that will happen.

How much wattage per channel does the Hardcano provide?The reason I ask, is that you say it can't handle a Tornado but I think that most of the fan controllers out today can support the Tornado. If you want to control your cpu fan by the fan controller, you can go ahead... I have mine on a fan controller. I wouldn't if it can turn you're cpu fan all the way off, accidents happen and that would be a pain.

I'm not sure about the wattage per channel, but the amps per channel is around 0.8 and the tornado requires 1.0.

Also, I cannot fully turn off the fans with the hardcano, so I wouldn't be able to kill all power to the cpu fan.

Back