• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got 21K on my 9500np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks. Yea for now I have air cooling. So maybe in the furture I can get some better cooling and see how high I can go.

--Josh

I'd like to see you pull off 20K with a Ti4600. Do you have that 9500 volt modded? That memory clock is awesome.

matrixzen said:
I'd like to see you pull off 20K with a Ti4600. Do you have that 9500 volt modded? That memory clock is awesome.

Wuahaha, theres only a few people who have done it, as long as the volt mod goes well and i can get the core to around 375 i should be good for 20K :D

Z YA LTR you gotta break 22k dude :D get some nice cooling on that card :D

Im definatly going to have to get better cooling and do some volt mods to pull off a 22k. Right now I have modified a a64 heatsink on the gpu and cut up a barton heatsink for the ram chips. 411/333 is the highest I can go without getting artifacts. That gives me a score of 21299 in 01 and 63xx in 03.

--Josh

Use Windows 2000 and DirectX 8.1. Use Catalyst 3.1 also, and run Car Low about 10-15 until you get your best. I think you should be around 310fps there. Those optimizations alone could get you to 22k at the same speeds.

I would try that if I had an extra hard drive. Since this is my everyday computer I will just have to wait.

--Josh

check his system specs. 2k1 is much more sysem dependent and he has a much more powerful pc than you

CircuitBreaker8 said:
How the hell did you get that high with a 9500?! I cant even break 20k with my 9800.
Your system's capable of a high 20k pretty easily, a 21k wouldn't be asking for too much either. You just gotta use the right OS and drivers.

Gautam said:
Your system's capable of a high 20k pretty easily, a 21k wouldn't be asking for too much either. You just gotta use the right OS and drivers.

What OS do you recomend? What drivers?

Here is my setup

Windows XP pro w/ SP1
Catalyst 4.5 ( tried omega's, hated them )
newest nforce drivers
newest SB drivers

What should I do?

CircuitBreaker8 said:
What OS do you recomend? What drivers?

Here is my setup

Windows XP pro w/ SP1
Catalyst 4.5 ( tried omega's, hated them )
newest nforce drivers
newest SB drivers

What should I do?

Win2000 w/DX8.1 will give around 300-400 points, Cat 3.5 or 3.7 should do better also even though I have not tried the 4.1 and newer Cat's yet. So if you have an extra partition or drive laying around, build yourself a benching setup with it :D

Gautam said:
Use Windows 2000 and DirectX 8.1. Use Catalyst 3.1 also, and run Car Low about 10-15 until you get your best. I think you should be around 310fps there. Those optimizations alone could get you to 22k at the same speeds.

bah... like testing top end of your car on a large hill....

test it on the flat

theELVISCERATOR said:
bah... like testing top end of your car on a large hill....

test it on the flat
It's the way I bench, and it's the way the pro's bench. If you don't like it, tough, but that's how the top scores on the ORB are made. Competitive benching isn't about stability checking and all that good stuff, it's about squeezing the best score possible out of your system.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Win2000 w/DX8.1 will give around 300-400 points, Cat 3.5 or 3.7 should do better also even though I have not tried the 4.1 and newer Cat's yet. So if you have an extra partition or drive laying around, build yourself a benching setup with it :D
It's all about testing stuff out and seeing what works for you. I love 3.1 cats myself, but they seem to hurt others' scores pretty dramatically. Different stuff works for different people. 3.5's seem to be universally accepted as pretty damn good.

Also run the tests in this order: DL-LL-CH-DH-LH-N and most importantly, run CL about 10-15 times at the end, as it varies by 10-30 fps, or 100-300 points.

Gautam said:
It's the way I bench, and it's the way the pro's bench. If you don't like it, tough, but that's how the top scores on the ORB are made. Competitive benching isn't about stability checking and all that good stuff, it's about squeezing the best score possible out of your system.

It's all about testing stuff out and seeing what works for you. I love 3.1 cats myself, but they seem to hurt others' scores pretty dramatically. Different stuff works for different people. 3.5's seem to be universally accepted as pretty damn good.

Also run the tests in this order: DL-LL-CH-DH-LH-N and most importantly, run CL about 10-15 times at the end, as it varies by 10-30 fps, or 100-300 points.

Whats DL-LL-CH-DH-LH-N?

Back