• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pro ---> X800 XT hardmod finnally cracked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craig588

X800 Pro ---> X800 XT hardmod finally cracked

Right here

All that needed to be done was proporly expose the contact points and now it works.

Man....that is just awesome!!!!

But a measly 1300 2001 onions for an extra 4 pipes seems kinda low?

I am gonna try it tomorrow. Does anyone know if you have to flash the bios of the X800-pro with the X800-XT first?

the boost in 03 was about 1000 onions as well. pretty dag good if you ask me.

time to start shopping for a x800pro....

(gl in finding one now.. :D )

Sweet :) I'd like a few more confirmations (especially from people here) before I jump for joy, but the inital results look good.

Though the 3dmark increase is kinda low for unlocking those pipes....
JigPu

Well if its true then I am going with my first choice of the AX800. I can get near performance of XT possibly with the free games and great package of Asus. THANK YOU ATI if this mod holds water. :D

I would like to see a before and after screen to compare the fps instead of the 3dmark score. its impressive, surely. as for 3dmark 01, i wouldnt worry about that much. the difference in overclocking my gpu was really very small compared to speeding up the rest of my system. gawd, i still remember trying to break the 400 fps mark in the dragon test...

Valk said:
I would like to see a before and after screen to compare the fps instead of the 3dmark score. its impressive, surely. as for 3dmark 01, i wouldnt worry about that much. the difference in overclocking my gpu was really very small compared to speeding up the rest of my system. gawd, i still remember trying to break the 400 fps mark in the dragon test...

follow the top link to the original thread and you find what you are looking for in FPS & fillrate.

Kunaak said:
it's probably CPU limited.

*Ding! ~ little lightbulb pops on over kraggy's head*

I hadn't thought of that....should have though since everyone & thier dog is complaining about it. heh!

You gonna try the mod KunnaK? If anyone does it you should. :D

Yeah isn't GPU intensive at ALL it is more CPU and mem speed and timmings...as nothing in it is very highdetail. 03 on the other hand loves vid card speed and CPU does play a part but no where near as much...so that is just about right....also is that stock or with what oc on the card there krag?

craig588 said:
thats in 2003, not 2001.
2001 is cpu limited, i only get ~200 '01 points from default to 590/540.
when i raised my cpu from 2.37g(225x10.5) to 2.42(230x10.5) i got 1500 points

Last edited:
so can anyone on this forum actually confirm for real that this mod is possible? it looks to me to be luck of the draw - if you get a card with the 4 xtra pipelines that dont work youve bought a card you may not want (i want an xt but would be happy with a hardmodded pro - but not with a pro at stock)

Back