• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pro ---> X800 XT hardmod finnally cracked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
theELVISCERATOR said:
funny how this thread confilcts with the thread saying 800XT Platinums will be hard to get due to short chip yields..you cant have it both ways...

i thought it was moreso finding suitable ram than poor chip yields.

That's friggin awesome!!!! :attn: :thup: :clap:

How does ANYONE come up with such things?
Ok, it's decided, I'm getting a x800pro... unless the 6800gt shows something good. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the 6800s are coming out?

Seemed amazing to me at first...until people like Oppainter failed to successfully do the mod. It seems only Chris_UK, Phero, and some Korean dude did it the Pro --> XT mod successfully. All the modded cards were Sapphires too. You don't need to flash to XT BIOS to get the 4 extra pipes. Chris or Phero re-flashed to Pro BIOS and the 16 pipes were still there. Still, good job Chris. Hopefully this will get sorted out.

termin@tor said:
That's friggin awesome!!!! :attn: :thup: :clap:

How does ANYONE come up with such things?
Ok, it's decided, I'm getting a x800pro... unless the 6800gt shows something good. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the 6800s are coming out?

yeah, the gt seems to be the best card imh, and with some custom cooling, it should fly. gamve has it as june 8th. all I know is this, by july 1, all nvidia models will be available everywhere.

i have tried this mod twice now on my pro but without success ....however i dont give up easily but have been stopped today by a leaking waterblock....bah!!! and since i cannot maintain 525mhz core on stock cooling will wait until i can get a swifty + pelt

but its seems all the ati's (x800 series) are becoming hard to get hold of....but i'll be happy with my 03 scores @ 11219 for now :p

I've heard rumors that ATi will release a third card, the X800XT, when the 6800GT is released. X800 XT = 16 pipes, 500/500.

$anch3z said:
i have tried this mod twice now on my pro but without success ....however i dont give up easily but have been stopped today by a leaking waterblock....bah!!! and since i cannot maintain 525mhz core on stock cooling will wait until i can get a swifty + pelt

but its seems all the ati's (x800 series) are becoming hard to get hold of....but i'll be happy with my 03 scores @ 11219 for now :p

My preorder went in on best buy for the XT on 5/6...hopefully early enough to get one... :drool:

theELVISCERATOR said:
My preorder went in on best buy for the XT on 5/6...hopefully early enough to get one... :drool:

My X800-XT-PE at BestBuy went on 5-8-04 but the release date is 6-15. Is that the same for you?

I read in a review that ther are "4 quads" on the X800 pcb, and the pros have can have any of those quads turned off. My point is, maybe Chris and Phero had the same quads turned off, but other pros have a different set cut which they need to fix on another area?

JCLW said:
I've heard rumors that ATi will release a third card, the X800XT, when the 6800GT is released. X800 XT = 16 pipes, 500/500.

man u r just a LITTLE bit late.....that is the hole point of this thread to turn a pro into an XT.....anyway u just come about this info how? it has been ALL OVER THE FORUMS and EVERY WHERE else...but yeah :clap: :clap:

Well forgive me if I don't spend all day browsing the forums, but I havn't seen anything in regards to an XT. Lots about the XT PE, but nothing about the XT.

And this thread is not about turning a Pro into an XT, it's about turning a Pro into an XT PE.

The UK guys who did the mod got XT PE clocks if I'm not mistaken. Something like 525/560. XT should only be 500/500. I wonder what the X800XT will be priced? Maybe $450 since the X800 Pro will be $400 and the X800XT PE will be $500?

JCLW said:
Well forgive me if I don't spend all day browsing the forums, but I havn't seen anything in regards to an XT. Lots about the XT PE, but nothing about the XT.

And this thread is not about turning a Pro into an XT, it's about turning a Pro into an XT PE.

There is no XT, there is only an XT PE, which in fact is just a XT with PE at then end :eek: It's just stupid marketing.

Back