• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on this heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

is 41c little toasty for me little system temp what exactly is system temp is it like the north bridge or what not ? :rolleyes:

If you have another reading labeled "cpu temp", then "system temp" would be the case temp(the diode is located in different places on different mobos). And with a case temp of 41c, you must either live in death valley, or you have almost no ventilation in your case.

Mr.Radar said:
The "System" or "Case" temp sensor is usually just the NB temp.

On the NF7-S isn't the case/system temp measured by the winbond chip that's at the top of the board, near the ram slots? I don't think it's measured by the NB

man i think i should have enuff air flow i have 2x80mm blowing in and 1 120mm from the top blowing down and one on the side of the case as in exhaust

You have your airflow messed up. Turn that 120mm at the top to blow air out of the case. Leave the two front intakes and either change your side one to intake or put it at the back of the case as exhaust.

so i should have my 120 as intake on top then my rear 2x80mm should be exhausts and the one on the side should be my intake ?

Your top fan should be an exhaust fan most of the time. Sometimes it does work better as intake, but most of the time it is best as exhaust. Any fans in the bottom front of your case should be intake and any fans in the upper back of your case should be exhaust. Your side fan should be intake. This is the normal setup for cases. The best thing to do is experiment. :)

there is no rule of thumb, it's a never ending debate on more cfm in, more cfm out.....

yes, intake in front, exhaust in back. some have side exhaust, some have intake. blowholes on top the same.

try several different configs, see what works best FOR YOU. everyone has a different case, everyones wires are arranged different.

if u have flat ide cable, fold those puppies under yer mobo, and get all the wiring tucked away. this will GREATLY help to get rid of 'dead zones' where there is little or no airflow.

I have four pushing out and one pushing in. I have very little dust in mine. I have no choice really. There is only one intake fan on my rig and I don't want to cut a hole in my side for a fan hole. I run cool enough now anyway.

The thread starter may be in a similiar boat. I figured mine this way. Anything below the halfway mark blows in, anything above it blows out.

Hope you get those temps are where you want them.

later

:D :D :D :D

hahhhhh ZAAAA got it down hehe it boy is it about 75F or more down in the basement, my parents wont turn on the ac @ nightsoo hot

Back