• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should we retire the old "How much..." Poll?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shawn123456 said:
512 about to get another 512 = 1024mb
<3 for the new guys! welcome! but i think he means redoing the original poll.

yes please as the old one has 512mb in most peoples rigs and i know that shouldnt be right.

Jtanczos said:
What if we have 2 machines? 512 and 1 gig? Get to vote twice??? Ide like to vote.

JT

The parameters of the poll are unchanged from before. It basically asks two things:

Which machine do you consider your primary/main rig?

How much memory is installed in it?

One of my reasonings for limiting it to one machine is this: Some folks are a bit better off financially than others. They might have only one machine, or throw the bulk of their resources at one, and have a much weaker 2nd system. Example; this might be their "sig" around here:

Gamer:
P4 2.4C @ 3.2
1GB Geil PC3700
Abit AI7 modded to the m00n

General purpose rig:
Duron1200
256MB Kingston Value PC2100
MSI K7T266 Pro2

You get the idea. The opposite end of the spectrum is the guy who's well off, and has 2GB of HyperX PC3500 in every machine he's got.

My reasoning is that adding a 2nd vote for people might seriously skew the results. Not everybody can swing a top notch 2nd string rig. Most likely, everyone would build one up, and then over time, upgrade the 2nd.

That's how I did it at least.

B.

BTW...I started the new poll shortly after posting this thread originally. It's labeled v2.0. ;)

Back