• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condencation Prevention??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
Hi, I need to safe proof my NF7-S from condencation(mainly the rear). I heard about some sort of spray that protects it, is this correct? If so...what is it called? Or is there anything better than that? I need to prevent my board from condencating (again) so it can enjoy the artic weather I bring upon it...

I also wouldnt mind protecting my 9800pro...

Also...does my sexy BH-5 need protection?

I don't think you can prevent it short of regulating temerature. But I think people use silicon or wax-like substance to cover and protect the electronics from moisture.

As for the BH-5, does it have a heat spreader? If it does you might be able to get away with it, but definitely check with other people about that.

regulating the tempature is unacceptable...it want it as cold as possible...no questions...i know for sure there is a way to protect the motherboard with a layer of somthing, my quesion is what is it...

and yes the bh-5 has heatspreaders...

another question, can the RAM get as cold as it wants?(not putting condencation into the loop, just pureley can it take the cold? when I touch the heatspreaders they are nice and COLD)

Tony420 said:
another question, can the RAM get as cold as it wants?(not putting condencation into the loop, just pureley can it take the cold? when I touch the heatspreaders they are nice and COLD)

Then get it this and then OC the hell out of it! BH-5 is rated to 3.6v FYI, this thing may go up to 4.2v. :eek:

Can anyone say 300fbs? :drool:

Edit:fixed link.

Last edited:
There are various ways of preventing condensation. How are you cooling your case (I assume with an air conditioner)?

to prevent condensation for the back, coat the cpu socket area with dielectric grease and place a piece of neoprene over it...make sure to use some sort of mounting mechanism to hold the neoprene. if you are using the cpu mounting holes, u can just make a piece of backplate

yes im using an AC...

and i havnt seen the cpu get condensated yet...only the rear of the motherboard

The spray (conformal coating) will only protect it from water damage. You will need neoprene or some other kind of insulation to prevent condensation.

I think using Big Fans on both side of motherboard will prevent Condensation and at same time keep Power components(Resistors and Capacitors) free to emit heat.

without posting a bunch of confusing links (good information but too many methods/products to chose from) what is the best stuff I can use to maybe spray/brush on the entire back side of the motherboard, and the entire front side...the lowest the SYS temps get are about -4C but are usually at 0C/2C...the cpu temp is usually 5-8C idle and 10-15C under load depending on how hot it is outside...so I dont need to goto the total extreme(with all the perminant, and especially the messy methods)...just the best possible coating for gauranteed protection, without being a big greasy mess....

thanks!

somthing like the nail varnish would be good, is there anything better than nail varnish that is for this specific application?

Back