• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd Fan on PS - Goes inside case, or blows out top of case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

After reading pages and pages of PS horror stories, I decided to bite the bullet, and buy this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-443&depa=0

One quick stupid question - Will I need to mod my case (AGAIN) for the 2nd fan to exhaust through the top of the case, OR does the 2nd PS fan face into the case (intake from inside case?)? I feel so dumb! I just dismantled my PC to cut one 4" hole in the top for an exhaust fan, I don't want to do it again for the PS!

"Cool" (pun intended). I was hoping as much. I thought the pics I saw had the fan shown "on top", but the power switch and AC plug looked "flipped" to me (like they flip it over just to see both fans in the picture).

Thanks, I don't feel *QUITE* so dumb now! :cool:

Yea, there are so many fans on things now, who knows where they are blowing!

This is my 100th post !!!!!! YIPPY!!!!! :cool:

I made the noob mistake of having the intake fan on top when I installed it on my first self built pc years ago, but months later found out that I had it upside down and they are actually made to suck away hot air from the cpu.

some cases have an inverted power supply mounting config .. that would put that fan at the top of the case instead of facing twards the CPU ... i have one of em sitting in the corner of my room right now ... in the 'i don't know why i bought this junk' pile ...

Got my new ENERMAX 460W Power Supply Model "EG465P-VE(FM)" installed, and all is well. The PS fans hook upto the MoBo's "PWR" fan control, and display their RPM's. All voltages look GREAT, and it appears to have lowered case temps another degree ot two (with the extra PS fan). I'm happy! :cool:

Back