• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I be worried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Waachback

Ok, I live in Hawaii where it is very hot and humid. I have a xp-m 2500+ overclocked to 2404 (11.5x209) @ 1.8v on a NF7-s. At load, I have been hitting temps between 53-56 degrees celcius. My room temps are about 35 degrees celcius. I also have 5 80mm case fans (2 intake, 1 side, 1 rear, and one blow hole) plus a power supply fan. I have a volcano 12 cooling this thing on full blast. Are temps too high? What can I do if so? thanks.

Looks like your temps are high, but it is understandable with a room temp of 35C. I wouldnt worry too much if 53-56 is your load temps. If you want better temps:
1) try AS5
2) larger and more powerful fan
3)better heatsink
4) if you can afford water cooling
5) even better if you could afford phase cooling

Ok I have AS5 on my cpu already. Should I try to reseat my heatsink? Also does it matter if I have a thin layer of AS5 on the cpu or not? I cant afford water cooling. Any other way of improving my temps without spending too much? thanks alot.

how much as5 did you put on? As to reseating your heatsink.. you could always try, but it most likely wont get much better... you are in a warm climate and trying to cool your pc with warm air.

The best way to cool your computer is to cool down your room.. maybe with a/c?
Or perhaps a duct from the side of your computer to your cpu might help a few degrees... that way you arent blowing hot computer case air onto the heatsink.

I think I might have put more AS5 then I should have. Anyway, I guess my cpu temps are about right considering my room temps?

First, what are your case temps? If you don't have a sensor, you just use a thermometer if you have one laying around.

From what I can tell, you have an apprx. diff of 21°C between your room and cpu load temps. The diff. between your case and cpu temps should be smaller b/c your case temp is always higher than ambient.

Given that info, your temperatures aren't that bad at all. If you change the case temp to one that most people have ( 27°C is about average), your cpu load temp would be 48°C or lower. That's not bad for a oc'ed Mobile @ 1.8V... you could get it lower by organizing cables and cutting out case fan grills or by changing out fans, but your temps aren't even close to the temp limit for an AMD so I wouldn't worry.

case temps are about 30 idel 35 load. That alright? I tried cutting out the fan grills and it dropped about a degree. I will try to reseat and lap my heatsink over the weekend. Anyways thanks for the tips guys.

Back