• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help in overclocking 3.0c (SL6WK 12CAPS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark_templar

No matter wat i do i just couldnt get it Stable at 250 FSB. Currently at 240 FSB still primming.
Vcore @ 1.575 (actual Idle 1.53 Load 1.50)
Vagp @ 1.6
Vdimm @ 2.8

Tried up to 1.6v still couldnt get it stable at 250.
Any advice is appreciated...

THankz in advance.

Last edited:
Solari said:
Maybe it just won't go further than that? :eh?:

Got it from a friend he was running it @ 250FSB with his water cooling rig. The only difference with my rig and his is different mobo which he is using IC7 and i m using IC7-max3 and he is using water cooling and me air cooling.

What are your temps compared to his? I'm sure your memory can handle the DDR500. And the IC7-Max3 should be able to handle FSB250 easily.

Solari said:
What are your temps compared to his? I'm sure your memory can handle the DDR500. And the IC7-Max3 should be able to handle FSB250 easily.

Temp about 5 degrees difference for idle and load.

The IC7 series can sometimes be a little picky about RAM. You have the last two GAT settings disabled?

batboy said:
The IC7 series can sometimes be a little picky about RAM. You have the last two GAT settings disabled?

Yup Diasbled the last two GAT settings.
Currently still primming and folding at 240 FSB. Kinda of disappointed with the processor i got. Seem like i was conned by my friend. :bang head

Imperial said:
I'd go up to 1.65. Is your memory at 5/4? I would try that.

Nope would like make full use of my rams at DDR480. i wouldnt go up to 1.65v so fast.

Take the cpu back to your friend and test it to see if it goes to 250FSB. Seems odd, since a 5C difference in temps should not be a factor stopping you from OCing as high as with watercooling. Btw, have you tested with 5:4 just to be sure your ram is not faulty?

Here are a couple other things you might try with your board. Try GAT at ANADD. Bump the AGPv to 1.65v. Set SPD to "user defined", but leave them stock. What is your vdimm set at? Might try it at 2.8v. You could also check and make sure that your NB cooler is making good contact, clean it, re-apply some AS5 and re-seat it. What is your PWM temps at? The first thing I did with my IC7-Max3 was sink it up, every mosfet on the board has a heat sink on it, so does the PLL and the SB. You might want to search the Abit MB section to for some advise as well.

Buzzdog said:
Here are a couple other things you might try with your board. Try GAT at ANADD. Bump the AGPv to 1.65v. Set SPD to "user defined", but leave them stock. What is your vdimm set at? Might try it at 2.8v. You could also check and make sure that your NB cooler is making good contact, clean it, re-apply some AS5 and re-seat it. What is your PWM temps at? The first thing I did with my IC7-Max3 was sink it up, every mosfet on the board has a heat sink on it, so does the PLL and the SB. You might want to search the Abit MB section to for some advise as well.

Thankz for the advice. i would try that.

Kind a strange might say... I have Abit IC7-MAX3 and P4C 3,0GHz (D1 AEP 30cap) and it gives wall @ 240FSB. 241 is unstable, 240 is stable as rock. I've tried all GAT-settings thru with no use, also tried Vcore 1.7V with no use. All dividers, Straps, voltages, no use...

I might say WTF!?

i have 3.0c 30 cap and i had mine at 255 fsb stable with 1.65v in an asus p4p800. and i will be going back to those speeds as soon as i get my new ram. air cooled btw. just keep tryin, you'll get it.

Shuzzy said:
i have 3.0c 30 cap and i had mine at 255 fsb stable with 1.65v in an asus p4p800. and i will be going back to those speeds as soon as i get my new ram. air cooled btw. just keep tryin, you'll get it.

Well, erm.. I've tried everything. There's nothing to try anymore :D Also checked out both (1.5 and 1.6) BIOSes, no use.

Stable @ FSB 240mhz vcore 1.6v prime and folding about 8 hrs.
Nw goin for 245 mhz.

Back