• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help in overclocking 3.0c (SL6WK 12CAPS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Buzzdog said:
Zebbo,

What ratio are you running your memory at?

I've said it already? :) I've tried all of 'em with no use. 3:2, 5:4 and 1:1. But what I've talked with batboy about this it seems like my mobo and RAM has somekind of compatibility error or something and that's why it gives me brick wall. Going to get 2x256 SimpleTech NITRO PC4000 sticks, maybe that'll help me out of this.

not tring to high jack but since we both seem to have the same problem..... i can get mine stable at FSB of 250 but when going to 255 it either freezes completly/reboots/prime fails but i still can use windows.... i am on water and the max temp i have seen so far is 50c at 250fsb with 1.57-1.59 it varies .... The ram i have is Adata ddr533 at 3-4-4-8 (i have the same timings set in bios). i have tried these gat settings ANADD,AAADD,AAAAD, guy got any ideas or am i just stuck at 250fsb?

*edit- forgot to mention that the highest for the voltage i have gone is 1.62-1.63 and the same freezes and restart happen* maybe alittle bump to or around 1.65?

I m stuck at 240 FSB. couldnt go higher.
245 FSB could prime and fold for about 2 hrs then reboots. vcore @ 1.6v.
SHould i go higher. my temp are like 50 degree at idle and 65 degrees at load. temp are taken from MBM5.

Dark_templar said:
Is 1.65v (actual Idle 1.62 - 1.64 | load 1.58 - 1.60)
Will it kill my processor ?

its iffy some say 1.7 is the highest you should go and some say 1.65....
im currently priming @ 3.8 1.65v-1.67 it varies reading are from Uguru... your temps to sound a little high even for the hfs and mobo you have from reading older posts.... but i honstaly couldnt say since the abit boards readings are off... have you touched the HSF to see if its warm to the touch or hot?

To be honest I think as soon as you give it some vcore, it will become stable. Can you not ask you friend how much vcore he gave it?

Evilsizer said:
its iffy some say 1.7 is the highest you should go and some say 1.65....
im currently priming @ 3.8 1.65v-1.67 it varies reading are from Uguru... your temps to sound a little high even for the hfs and mobo you have from reading older posts.... but i honstaly couldnt say since the abit boards readings are off... have you touched the HSF to see if its warm to the touch or hot?

I touch the HSF it feels warm nt hot at all.

[BBE said:
Jimbob]To be honest I think as soon as you give it some vcore, it will become stable. Can you not ask you friend how much vcore he gave it?

Wat he told me is 1.55v.

I tried 1.65v could boot at 4 ghz but couldnt boot into windows... Tried 3.8 at 1.65v too couldnt boot into windows... even at 1.65v 250 FSB is nt stable.

well im priming right now at 3.75 @ 1.61-1.62v. I was at 3.8 but after a reboot and priming it would freeze or restart and the highest actual voltage the cpu got was 1.67-1.68. that is the highest i cared to go... I really cant see going to 1.7volts just to up it 5 more mhz IMO.... now for some reason my AbitEQ gives me a "badspace name error" i have unistalled and reinstalled it sevral times after sevral restarts so i don know what temps are right now.....i can only gues from when it did and say at load im at 50-52c.

Back