• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get any closer than this :eek:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walaka7

Arlo and i have been going back and forth since my rigs went back online last month. I've stalled for the moment as i have big'uns in the hopper. So for today im going to wave to you, Arlo. For tomorrow you will be but a step stool :D. The wife's rig may stay on 24/7 which isnt much, but 1.4 ghz is 1.4 ghz. So my man, if you have anything up your sleeve i suggest you bring it. I don't have any more time to triffle with you as Bon3thugz43v3r is coming up fast. He was hard enough to pass the first time and i don't wanna have to do it again. So while its been fun going back and forth with you, im afraid this will be the last time. Good luck :beer:

Attachments

• close race11.GIF
    close race11.GIF
    25.2 KB · Views: 109
wow if you keep it up at that pace they are going to be choking on your dust :D

Audioaficionado said:
Well lookie who turned orange and who turned green...

:eek:

Nice day though Arlo_, over 1K today :beer:

some bad news though.. figures my wife's rig would start getting flakey.. It restarted on her while she was in the middle of a spread sheet. mobo may be finally going south. Her current rig was the first rig i ever built and has been volted, overclocked, and now on its third proc, an AGOIA Y 1700, which barley is stable @ 1.6 ghz. The proc is passively cooled, thats right no fan on the heat sink. The hard drive sits directly over the processor, so no fan can be mounted unless its a fairly short hsf combo, which will just draw air from the hot hard drive anyway. I do, however, have 7 fans in the case, including a 120 mm panaflo which is exhausting through a 6" hole i cut in the side of the case. Full load this "desktop" runs 53-57*C. I never updated the PSU since its "birth" which is an enlight 250 watt. The rails have all looked sweet until today, with the 5 v rail dipping to 4.85 under full load. This maybe a PSU issue or again the mobo finally going south. Im gonna throw a 300 watt generic i have laying around that had good rails on one of my old RAID boards. If the rig becomes stable, then great. If not, its time to start building another dual. Ive decided there isn't gonna be anymore single proc rigs built for our use. Ill never go back, and it took my wife 6 months to get off one of them i used for rendering. Well im jumping ahead.. im gonna go see if i can resolve this.

Either way, i should be staying orange for a while. I was really hoping to hit red at least for one update. but the timing is all wrong now wiht my wifes rig down :/ will just have to coordinate a proper attack again :bang head :

Wife's rig is offline indefinatly until i can make it stable again. There are VPN problems at work, she managed to hork the OS a little where there are rundll's that dont finish and one i cant stop. May have to dual boot that POS and see if the OS corrupts again under minimal function. I really think the mobo is on its way out and givin my luck with AGOIA's dieing prematurly, it may be time to start gathering the parts for another dual. I may, as a last ditch, throw a tbred b 1700 in it that ive been saving for back up and see if stability returns.. anyway for now the three duals running plus this 2400+ are kicking some booty by themselves :D

Back