• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i try to OC to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drsomewhat

Hey guys, im kinda bored but waiting for doom 3 w.o moving from my screen...

I wanna oc a little more than what im at. Im on a barton unlocked 2500+ thats at 200x11 (1.775 V) right now. I've got it w/c'ed my temps should be in my sig. (Also on the W/C loop is my GPU Swiftech cooler.)

What do you suggest i push my fsb/multiplier to, and my core/mem voltages? What more do you guys think i can get from my CPU/NB?

Just curious, wanna see what you guys think - i can post my cpu stepping in a few hours.

Also, I've been oc'ing my GPU w/o problems, and im considering flashing it to a 9800XT. Just fyi.

I would see how much farther your RAM can go to by pushing the RAM/FSB freq in 1MHz increments. Temps look good, so I would start slowly stepping it up. Remember that, at the 11x multiplier, each extra FSB increment yields an 11MHz increment in CPU freq (doh, right, but many people say "1MHz? Bunk!").

I think you could get 2300 or 2400 before you start hitting the break-even point.

you should be able to get to at least 2300MHz unless you have a real weak chip.... I've seen unlocked barton desktops upto mid 2400MHz......

Back