• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghettotastic Sub box (pix++; filesize=231kb)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Early this morning, after not sleeping all night, Depthad and myself made me a sub box. Ever since i moved my computer down to the finished basement the sub just didnt have enough punch. So we made a box out of plywood. It is 2x as tall as the sub, has 6 in in front of the sub, and 3 to each side (18x15x15 on a 9x9x9 the cube sub from my Logitech z-640s). This thing does a great job of making the bass louder. It looks horrible, because, we did this on no sleep. Halfway through the third cut we got ****ed off at how slow the hand saw was, so, lacking a table saw or other proper tool, we used a lil chain saw. With no further ado, PIX:!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

(depth is a tard and doesnt want people in his sub folders, so please excuse any dead links, no this probly dosent make since but i havent slept for 25 hrs and i dont care)

nosleepings.jpg

ocs.jpg

overalls.jpg

stuffs.jpg

whitensides.jpg

zs.jpg

9"^3

It was a great way to spend the day and now I have better bass

That is a scary scary enclosure. Chainsaw was a nice touch on building it though :) .

lol, it tool like 1/10th of the time the saw would have took, and we got to play with a power tool, win win situation. Its a monstrosity, but it works.

damn, that is one "interesting" box. Perhaps some 3/4" MDF would make it sound a bit nicer? I remember when I had my 2 JL W0's in a sealed box hooked up to my dad's amp (from our home sound system) hooked up to my comp... Thing pounded to ****. I kept it under my desk for 3 days before I put it in my car again... then had it stolen a couple of weeks later :(

altima, i found that ramming subs in sealed enclosures decreases overall sound if its already in a box. so just adding a "shell" with 1 side open towards where you want the most sound pouinted toward you. It's the same effect as putting a sub in a L Office desk where there is a large L for corners. and your feet have a space and place the sub in your feet room.

dude were dude you get the box that used to be in my car.............no wait we destroyed that one runnin a solobaric on a 1200watt jbl amp nmind......i love it, looks just like the one i was using for a while in my car though........i just got a new 5.1 klh speaker set up(had a pioneer vsx-d711 amp)with a 8 that pounds:)

lol FX. Guys, if you have some scrap wood around and want moar bass then go for this. I went from having all the speakers except the sub turned down a bit in the nvidia ctl panel and the sub knob at max to having all the speakers at equal setting in the controll panel, not maxing the sub knob, and having more bass.

Back