• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Plus 430W SOHO File Server Case...Dies?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karl472001

Registered
I have an Antec 430W power supply. Got the motherboard, DVD drive, HDD, floppy, video card, etc. all put together. System booted up fine, loaded the operating system (Window XP home ed.) and all went ok. Connected the sytem to my network (DSL), ran the network wizard to configure the connection. At that point, the system had to reboot. After shutting dow for the restart, everything died. Now when I turn the power switch on, the fans (case fans and processor fan connected to the motherboard) come on for a few seconds, and quit. The standby LED on the motherboard illuminates and stays on. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Checked the power supply voltages while still plugged into the board under load with a DMM and I get no readings on either 3.3V, 5V or 12V (the 20 pin power connector Also checked voltage on the 4 pin 12V power connector while still on the motherboard and no voltage registers on the DMM.

Disconnected the power cables from the motherboard and all the fans to check power supply voltages open circuit (unloaded) and also no readings.

Tried connecting only the motherboard and no other peripherals such as drives, etc and when I switch the power on, again, the fan in the power supply comes up for 3 seconds and dies.

Sounds like a DOA power supply to me....any ideas??

Motherboard: Intel D865PERL
P4 3.0E Ghz
120GB Seagate HDD
NEC DVD 2510A
2x512MB DDR400 Kingston Memory
256MB FX5700 Video Card
Sony Floppy Drive

Just got the case with Powersupply like last friday, and finished building yesterday.

i just got the 1080 SOHO file server with the antec truepower 430 2 days ago, and everything runs great. im guessing you just got a dud, sorry man

Is the hardware from another computer? Or is it all new? If all new, try the PSU in another computer, if your able to.

I would bet my coin on that it is a dud PSU though.

Fans spin and then die after a couple seconds?
Reseat RAM and Vid Card. That's happened to me a couple times, ended up that I knocked one or the other loose.

"The standby LED on the motherboard illuminates and stays on."
As in the Power Good LED? That normally means that the PSU is supply the mobo power.
However the whole, it worked then rebooted and died thing is odd.

1-800-222-6832 for Tech Support.

AntecRep

RMA the sucker.

In my old SX1080, I replaced the TruePower 430W PSU with a TruePower 550W PSU that worked fine... until I restarted. Then, the system wouldn't power up. All I had changed was the PSU. I went through all the usual things (clear CMOS, reseat components, etc...) but still nothing.

Turns out the PSU fried the mobo and itself. Had to RMA both, which fixed the problem.

RMA the sucker.

Back