• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

firefox doesnt like microsoft.com....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

when ever go to microsoft.com with firefox i have to right click and click open in new tab or open in this window otherwise it doesnt load.

a section that im sure does this is the halo section. what could be causing this?

www.microsoft.com/games/halo

because ms has it hardcoded into their site to only work with IE, like that windows mobile training website, someone with linux wasnt ablee to get onto it lol.

Windows Update is only accessible with IE, but I have never had any trouble with the rest of Microsoft.com using Firefox.

I do occasionaly get the problem you have described on random sites, but closing and restarting Firefox cured that. Remember, Firefox is in continual development, so there are still a few gremlins floating around:)

o well microsoft.com isnt enough to make me stop using this amazing software =D

M$s is doing the same thing to firefox that they were doing to Opera. Hardcoding different CSS stylesheets for each individual browser. Makes the page look great on IE but looks like hell on other browsers. Same tricks they did during the old Browser wars.

i have discovered that this problem is directly related to flash plugin

im using firefox 0.93 and have no problems with the ms site or the halo site you linked to...

really......well than i guess my browser was just messed up. i reinstalled the flash plug in and it works just fine

I'm using Mozilla .8 and it didn't have any probs with those sites either....my IE is completely dead and spywared....I can't clean it out, just won't go away, it locked the configuration button, it says "This button has been disabled by an Administrator or you do not have access" when I try it, and it won't load sites.....so I can't even use it....is there anyway to fix that other than a full reinstall of windows?

PAWO said:
I'm using Mozilla .8 and it didn't have any probs with those sites either....my IE is completely dead and spywared....I can't clean it out, just won't go away, it locked the configuration button, it says "This button has been disabled by an Administrator or you do not have access" when I try it, and it won't load sites.....so I can't even use it....is there anyway to fix that other than a full reinstall of windows?

Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, and anti-virus are always good. Don't overlook the blessing that is a firewall as well.

PAWO said:

Have you tried everything in these two guides?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=307720
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319615

ya its works fine with microsoft now. but i cant get firefox to stay in one window mode. does ne one have an extension that makes firefox stay in a single window no matter what u click ("Single Window" by Aaron Spuler and "This window" dont work for me)

Wasn't .net suppose to make webpages more platform independant. :) Its kind of like when Microsoft converted their business solutions tests to .net and they no longer worked. Shame Shame Shame.

PAWO said:

i thought that was spyware for a while, it turns out that is an option in spybot search and destroy :beer:

Back