• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3v4x P///-850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlphaEETA

Registered
I have:
Asus P3V4X (w/ new BIOS)
P3-850Mhz
256mb PC-133 CL=2 Crucial ram
20GB IBM hd
etc.
AND IT WONT LET ME OVERCLOCK PAST 894Mhz! WHAT THE &$#* is WRONG!!!!!!!? what are the BIOS settings that will alow me to O/C to 1Ghz(or past 894Mhz)....ive seen that alot so i know it can do it....PLEASE HELP!!!!!:mad:

Hi AlphaEETA,
If I remember well, your Mobo frequently reports wrongs temperature, so at this point I suggest you to go with an external thermal sensor with Lcd display that you must install, without the metal clip, between the Cpu and the HeatSink to be sure about your chip temp.

I hope it helps you to understand what's the prob ;)

1 256mb stick
Voodoo 3 3000 PCI
Diamond MX300 sound
Soho Ethernet

I OCed my P///650E @911 and am going to push it to 975 as soon as I install (tonigh !) the VOS32+ from GlobalWin to ensure it does not overheat too much, though I can't trust my mobo (Asus P3V4X) about temps reading. No prob to be seen apart from the temp question: good stability !

Back