• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why wont 1.6ns samsung at spec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William.E

Why wont 1.6ns samsung run at spec?

I thought maybe the chips werent up to scratch, or maybe its something to do with the memory not working well with the card? i dont know, but thats why im here, does anyone know why, are there any thoughts on this circulating out there, can't say ive read anything about it, but, damm it, i want to know why not :eek:

Last edited:
bad yields, also explains why x800xt are so rare, some have been downgraded as pros cause the core and/or ram can not do the clocks

ah, well, i think maybe its the ram thats letting the cards down then, the two cards ive had (the dead one and its replacement (arrived today)) both of them are/were able to do around 600 stock on the core (not stable but there abouts) and after the softmod too ATI tool took the new one to 590 before artifacts. the 2ns ram on the dead card clocked better than this one too.

William.E said:
ah, well, i think maybe its the ram thats letting the cards down then, the two cards ive had (the dead one and its replacement (arrived today)) both of them are/were able to do around 600 stock on the core (not stable but there abouts) and after the softmod too ATI tool took the new one to 590 before artifacts. the 2ns ram on the dead card clocked better than this one too.

I read on a few other forums that the sammy 1.6ns and 2.0ns are inconsistant, with both topping out at around the same speeds in some instances. I'm sure the XT's and 6U's get the cream of the crop, though.

Back