• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nathan123

im looking to buy an amd any time soon, ive had enough of my celeron, what possesed me to buy it in the first place i have no idea
im just wondering if i should buy a sempron or go straight for an athlon xp or 64bit im still undecided and i need some help! not a very high budget on this as i have no job, so about £100GBP is what i'll have

1st thing you'll find is that AMDs are cheaper than Intels. If you can afford it, do for the A64 but make sure you get socket 939. Skip the Sempron. Skip the XP. If you can't afford a 64, then get the Mobile 2600+, they're GREAT overclockers and around $100.

thanks for the info, and yes i will need a motherbaord but i can get that a lot easier than the cpu. do you know of a good/cheap place i can get one? im in UK so i work on GBP not $

Don't know about transatlantic shipping rates, but if you want a mobile go to www.excaliberpc.com they have guranteed stepping on their cpus, where newegg.com does not. Plus, I know people with many bad newegg experiences. There are (supposedly) better boards out there, but I REALLY like my Shuttle AN35N Ultra board. A little food for thought.

Back