• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark 2001SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

I just benched my pc and i got a score of 4619 or there abouts but when i try to run the online result browser it says that i dont have it installed and to download it from madonion.com i cant seem to find a dload link there

4619? thats too low, you make me want to change my avatar. :temper:
are you registered by email with futuremark?

RIPSTER said:
I just benched my pc and i got a score of 4619 or there abouts but when i try to run the online result browser it says that i dont have it installed and to download it from madonion.com i cant seem to find a dload link there

I think you need to register before you can send your results.......

Nice avatar fellas.......... :D

omg, that sucks. i have a Geforce4 mx 440se 128mb and it gets 7334 on 3dmark01 se.

no it doesnt have agp 8x it is realy bad i bought it ages ago when i was so nooby i didnt think it mattered out manufacturer. here are the specs.

CPU
Socket A CPU Athlon Xp/Duron
266mhz FSB
CPU Bus Frequency Choose One Step Up in 1mhz, Up to 200mhz
Chipset
4x AGP
KT266A North
VT8233A South
Memory
2 x 168-pin DIMM Sockets support PC133/PC100 SDRAM up to 2.0GB System Memory.
2 x 184-pin DDR Module Socket support DDR200/DDR266 DDR SDRAM up to 2.0GB
I/O Internal
Supports Ultra DMA 133
1x Floopy Connector
2x USB 1.1 headers
5x PCI
1x AGP (4x)
3x Fan Connectors Inc CPU Fan
Back I/O
Onboard AC97 Sound- Input, Output, Mic
1x Gameport
2x Usb 1.1
Misc
ATX Format
hardware Monitoring
CPU and System Tempreture Monitoring
Inc Fanspeeds
Bios Award BIOS , Support Green function, Plug and Play Function 2MBit Flash ROM

Any ideas to upgrade my sys quick just to get a good performance boost without having to do a whole upgrade

I don't think that score sounds too bad. A friend of mine had a 9600SE and a better motherboard and CPU, and didn't score too much higher. Sure, your motherboard probably isn't too great, but the graphics card isn't very good at all. SE does stand for Sucky Edition, you know (with ATI anyways, XT is nVidia's sucky edition.)

yah i have installed agp drivers for mobo and latest gfx card drivers i think theyre catalyst 4.9

i realy dont have any £ for any upgrades money is realy tight here well it always is what can i say i live of my parents money :p lol im only 13

t_biggs said:
I don't think that score sounds too bad. A friend of mine had a 9600SE and a better motherboard and CPU, and didn't score too much higher. Sure, your motherboard probably isn't too great, but the graphics card isn't very good at all. SE does stand for Sucky Edition, you know (with ATI anyways, XT is nVidia's sucky edition.)

it should still get better than my video card(see sig). any 9200 should be able to get better than mine.

I strongly suggest a new card, I bought an MX440 in 02 for $80 that scored about 50% higher. The 9200se is the slowest card on the market right now. You can try overclocking, you might get a lot out of the core, but the ram will still hold you back.

i cant believe it i just ran 3dmark again and i got a score of 4179

what can i do to get a boost in score and pc performance maybe upgrade ram or proc?

RIPSTER said:
i cant believe it i just ran 3dmark again and i got a score of 4179

what can i do to get a boost in score and pc performance maybe upgrade ram or proc?

You'd be better getting a 9600XT or somet similar.

You can tweak the score for a few more points.

Make sure everything is set to performance in the ATi drivers, for a start.

With a radeon 8500 and nearly Identicle system specs, I got 11k in 01 a few years ago(well, I had ddr). You can pick up an 8500 for $40 now, but I think $100 for a 9550xt would be better spent. It has DX9, and I hear it overclocks crazy.

Back